Why Locker pick might make sense...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Today, Munch and MR said that a veteran will be found. Now, that could mean Kerry Collins (Jesus God NO) or Kolb, Orton, McNabb, Bulger, etc...

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I can guarantee you it won't be Orton or Kolb. Those two would cost waaaay too much and frankly the investment would be worthy of a long-term starter. I'd like to see McNabb though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Locker doesn't make sense, he makes dollars.

4. leebigez

leebigez Camp Fodder

The worse 1st rd pick since Highsmith. Hard to believe the titans just took Kyle Boller part 2. Watched every game and every throw and inaccurate doesnt even describe him. Don't watch every game, just watch the senior bowl.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Munch and Reinie better be right about this guy. I would have gone with Fairley without a doubt.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Locker is a pure football minded player, he is nothing like VY, he will be the first one there and the last one to leave, and the dude is built for a QB, he rivals Newton for athletic ability. he isnt going to be some turd that brings drama, he dont even like attention. he wouldnt allow cameras during the draft!

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

ANother guy to add to Palmer's resume is Rick Mirer.

After Locker's pro day just about everyone on NFL Network said the guy was a 2nd round pick (go to the draft portion of nfl.com, and click on Locker and then [watch] to see a video of the show. Normally when a guy gets picked they run some highlight video of the player but Mayock ran some clips showing his poor accuracy and decision making. IMO the pick was simply too early. I', guessing that maybe TN wanted to trade down a few picks and take him but had no offers.

With that said I've basically agreed that as long as MM and MR get the guy they want I'd be OK with it because they sink or swim with the pick. All we can do as fans is trust their judgement and hope he is indeed the next Favre. I guess we should be happy they got their guy.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Those are the good things you can say about Locker but the most important thing is if he can play QB. Is he a turd on the field?

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

McNabb is exactly who I want to be our stop gap at QB and mentor for Locker.

Palmer's resume is pretty solid. Yes he had David Carr but he never had a line and got gun shy from too many hits and had no time to throw and Couch was another expansion QB who really had no weapons or supporting cast and struggled transitioning from the spread at UK.

Dowell Loggains is going to have a hand in Locker's development as well but a mentor like McNabb would go a long way. I like Locker but I'll like him more when he is producing W's so here is to hoping we made the right pick because if not in 4-5 years we will be right back to square one with a new QB/coaching staff.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The best CJTheBeast post ever. I really thought this thread would say something about "I hate Locker, I love VY" type of thing. Glad you like Locker!

And yes, these next few picks I'm hoping we beef up the D. Not sold on any safeties, I think we could go get a decent 3rd-4th round S, pickup a decent FA S, and then release hope. Then we'll have a rookie, Rolle, Shommer, Johnson, Fuller, and a FA all battling for the starting spot.

We def need a DT/DE 2nd round, I'd also take Ayers. I think if we took Ayers and didn't resign Tulloch, Witherspoon could switch to MLB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar