Why isn't Vince running?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 27, 2007.

?
  1. Mostly Vince

46.8%
  2. Mostly Coaches

10.6%
  3. Equal Vince and Coaches

42.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

OK. So far VY has not be "tucking and running" like last year and he has been out of the pocket by design on a few occasions. I'm tossing this out for what you think. He has had wide open lanes on numerous occasions and wound up throwing an incomplete pass or commit a penalty. I've heard it is VY's choice and I've heard it is Chow's developmental program. What do you think?

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

its chow and fisher

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Honestly, I have no idea what the real reason is behind it.

My probable guess is that Vince never recovered fully from the hamstring injury against the Bucs. Now he is hesistant, and sometimes it seems to me he is limping to the sidelines. I think that is probably the biggest reason.

I'm sure Fisher and Chow are trying to make him more of a passer and telling him to try not to run. If he develops more in the passing and doesn't lose quickness he could have a window of real NFL greatness in his career.

But my guess is the injury is the biggest reason, because at some point I just feel like Vince would decide screw the gameplan and just do whatever he felt would give the team the best chance to win, which is his running ability.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Teams are defending him differently to contain him in the pocket.

5. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I voted "mostly Vince," based on two interviews I heard. About the time the season started, I heard Vince say that he didn't want to be known as a running quarterback, a la Vick, but just a QUAR-TER-BACK. Later in the season, either Chow or Fisher responded to a question that he always had the option to pull it down and run.

6. DJB

DJB Starter

I think it's Vince wanting to prove he can pass

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Vince said it best, "I'm in a pass first offense." I believe him. Chow's offense at USC was drop back and look to pass. Then run. And so that is what Vince is doing this year. IF you rewatch the Saints game can you see him making multiple reads.

Everyone could watch one Texas U. game and realize that offense was drop back (shotgun), look for a lane, and run like hell. And if there is no lane, pass it.

Last year was probably a one read offense because he was a rookie. Limited playbook. If you see nothing, go.

I also believe this, you never saw McNair run until it was a bailout, or goaline. I gotta believe that Fish is in love with that philosophy. And to tell the truth it works, as it gives your qb more time and space to pick up those first downs in bunches.

8. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

I don't know but it's frustrating at times... I anticipate we see some big runs this weekend... He seems to run more when they are desperate... McNair did the same thing... Alot of his big runs of his career came in the 4th quarter... This is why I'm DYING to see VY in the playoffs... I think he is a better player when desperate...

9. Tman

Tman Camp Fodder

I think it's a little of both. Vince wants to prove to people that he can pass and Chow/Fisher aren't used to the offense Vince ran while at UT so they are trying to "force" him to run their's. It wasn't until Mack Brown let Vince be Vince when Texas went on that 24 game win streak. HOOKEM TITANS!

10. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I'm in the boat with those thinking Vince wants to pass first. He knows he can make a play with his legs and he now wants to be able to make the plays first with his arm. The only problem with this is by the time he goes through all his reads and decides to run the lanes have been closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar