Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Why isn't the NFLPA fighting Chip Kelly?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 11, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,167
    Can't do that either. What if a team is down and they want to use the hurry-up to gain some momentum? They have to wait until a certain amount of time has elapsed to run a play?

Can't see it happening. Then again, I never thought I'd see the day when the horse-collar tackle would be outlawed either.
  2. TitansWrath Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $300
    Well it is a zero sum game. If one side of the ball is getting 21% more snaps, the other side is getting less...
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    The reason the Eagles are getting more snaps is because they aren't using the time between snaps.
    GoT high fives this.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    Imagine how much whining Peyton Manning will do. :)
  3. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,018
    They are, its called faking injuries.
  4. Jwill1919 Coach

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,320
    Vick looked great, but doubt he makes it 10 games, he's already beat up and had to be almost carried off the field.
  5. Smash Soccer God

Schwenke
    Moolah:
    $892
    Patriots has been doing it for years, Broncos has started to do the same.

I saw a stat that Patriots ran 89 plays in week 1, Eagles "only" 77 plays.
    GoT high fives this.
  6. pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $1,066
    The thing is that the NFL is trying to regulate certain types of hits that have a high probability of injury.

The NFL could never and will never attempt to regulate how a team executes the game plan.

Injuries are a part of the game. But some injuries were unnecessarily created by players who are overly aggressive. The NFL wants to focus on playing the game in a humane manner, focusing on tackling techniques that are effective and provide less chance for injury.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    In 1988, the NFL changed the clock from 30 to 45 seconds from the end of the play to the start of the next. That has since moved to 40.
    BiscoPhan11 and GoT high five this.
  7. Matty Camp Fodder

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $139

How's it an unfair advantage out of curiosity?

The Defense can gameplan for it just like they gameplan for read options, scrambling QB's, TE sets etc...

I just don't understand how you can say Chip is giving his offense an unfair advantage? He was hired to get them wins, he's already doing that and he's doing it within the remit of the NFL rules.