Why isnt Lattimore a no brainer with the 5th pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

None

2. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Searcy doesn't have any guaranteed money left, and rotating Cyprien out with Byard would be far from unexpected. Most people still predict us drafting a S, and considering we still don't have a proven FS and the BPA will probably be a safety, I think it's the most likely and best choice we can make at this point.

3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I'm trying to figure out how drafting a safety to be a rotational player is more valuable than getting a day one starter on offense

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

If JRob drafts a Safety at 5, he should fire himself right after the pick, or at least tear up Cyprien's contract on the spot.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Hooker or Adams aren't rotational safeties. Outside of Garrett, they are the highest rated prospects in the draft. Williams and Davis are hardly graded in the top 15 if even in everyone's boards, and although I like the latter and think that is a mistake, it's still not worth reaching and losing draft value.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The more I look at the draft possibilities, the more I think Lattimore is the best pick at #5 IF we stay there.

I think a trade down is intriguing, but to pass on Lattimore, I want a good haul for it. I hope a player is there that some team feels they have to trade up and get, a QB or Fournette.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I look at this draft like this.

For a B+, get me two of these players.

Lattimore
    Hooker
    Adams
    Foster
    Howard
    Njoku
    Davis
    Ross
    Williams

For an A+, get me two of those and a second round pick back.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Best thing that can happen for us is Hooker and Adams don't go Top 4 - then you're talking BUF, NO possibilities of wanting to leap SD and get their S.

9. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I think if we stay at 5 - its down to Lattimore or a reach on a WR

.... now which one seems more likely?

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think you have to throw Howard into the mix... He is rated top 10 on almost all of the Big Boards. So he would not be a reach.

Their are really only 2 offensive guys that I want in the 1st and that is Howard or Davis....I think they both will be gone by #18. Whereas I'd be fine drafting Lattimore, Humphrey, Conley, Jackson, King, Wilson, or White to be our other outside CB.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar