Why is everyone giving up on CJ2k?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by damersbrah, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The coaching staff's responsibility is to put players into positions they can excel in. CJ is not good at catching the ball with his back to the defender. They need to give him choice routes and drag him across the field where he can run away from defenders. We did see a long pass with him lined up wide. Give us more of that. Heck, the Texans were the team that forgot to guard him one time when he lined up wide. At worst he is a great decoy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ChattTitansFan

ChattTitansFan Practice Squad

I'm sorry, but this is the way I feel about it. CJ doesn't give a damn about winning a SB. It was NEVER about the "passion" for him. It has been and always will be about his bank account. Now that he got his money, he could care less about winning and it shows on the field. Unfortunately, this can be said about many of the players nowadays. The days of playing for the passion of the game are long gone and it's a damn shame. Sure, there are some in the league who do sincerely play for the passion, but they are few and far between. CJ is an uneducated thug that will most likely be broke after a few years of retirement. Because let's face it, he doesn't exactly have what it takes to be a commentator, let alone someone who can put a whole sentence together. So you can throw that out the window. I'm sorry, but I just can't stand the person that he is and this offseason proved that for me.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Do you even READ my posts before trolling Junior??? Geez...

Where in my post did you see me address anything beyond CJ's need to improve his catching ability? When he faces the QB on a swing pass that is not the offensive play, that is him. I seriously doubt that our scheme requires the RB to stop turn around, and face the QB on ALL of his swing passes. Check down passes I could see, but not ALL swings.

Our "unimaginative" passing game has resulted in this team having one of the top rated QBs in the league and a surprisingly winning record so far...give me a break.

4. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

Unimaginative in using CJ on passing plays, screens/swings, not down field. I think it was fairly obvious that is what we mean. But then again you're the only person I've ever heard complain about a check down back catching the ball while facing the QB. Either way, CJ showed he is plenty capable as a receiver.

As for CJ's rushing, he hit the line hard today, showing good burst. But this O-line continues to let this team down, and until they improve we can expect more of the same.

Wouldn't surprise me to see people calling for Ringer after than one long run.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The answer to this thread title was answered by today's 10 carries 18 yds...

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

They tried to get the ball to CJ out in the open against a one-on-one defender... and he couldn't shake that defender.

CJ has lost his elusiveness.

With the Oline not even being involved... CJ couldn't shed a tackler.

7. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Totally uncalled for.

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

AGAIN, I am talking about swing passes, NOT check downs. Did you see Foster today...catching passes in stride and getting yards after catch. I have yet to see that from CJ this season, today included with the exception of that pass across the middle early in the first half.

That said, he did get the ball in space today and could not do much with it...that is not on the O line.

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

lol when did he get the ball in space? I must have missed this.

10. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I'm not sure what game you were watching but even the commentators said that CJ wasnt hitting the line hard.

CJ still looked tentative and slow getting to the line. The titans did try to get the ball to CJ in space in one on one matchups and he utterly failed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar