Why is everyone giving up on CJ2k?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by damersbrah, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No, I am suggesting getting him out in space (with him catching the ball in stride, or at least not stationary facing the QB)...swing passes, screens, and then throwing in the occasional downfield pass. Sort of like what Martz did with Faulk, and now with Forte. I think that he could be very effective at this if he improved his pass catching abilities. With Faulk it opened up his running game as well, and kept him playing well into his 30s.

2. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

He has shown more than adequate ability to catch the ball, dropping a couple passes doesn't diminish his overall body of work. All great players make mistakes, whether it be a overthrown pass or a dropped ball. But you have to stick with them, and continue to put them in opportunities to take advantage of their skill set. We all know what he is capable of when he is in open space. The coaching staff needs to put him in more of these opportunities to be successful.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

We will see what he does this week. Like I said way back in some thread about CJ (maybe this one??? They all run together after awhile) CJ really has no excuses (outside of the aforementioned and discussed OLine issues) this week. He is in week seven of training (no more lack of conditioning issues) and, with the bye week, should have hopefully learned the new offense (as well as Hass and the young receivers hopefully). I would like to see him hit the hole hard again (when there are actually holes) and not look so tentative.

Up here in Wisconsin UW had a similar issue with one of their backs....James White. He was a home run hitter last year, and this year was trying to hit a homer on every run, resulting in a lot of juking and dancing, but very few yards. He came around last week, finally...just taking what he was given, and had a good game. Hopefully CJ makes similar strides this week.

4. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

I think that is where the concern is warranted, his attempt to hit a home run on every play. Sometimes you just have to take whats given and not make things worse. Unfortunately with the current state of the line I don't foresee many homerun opportunities. Though, there is still time for this unit to improve as a whole. I think that is the only way this team overcomes this problem, if they work together as a team towards correcting the problem.

We may have talent limitations at certain positions along the line, but its up to the coaching staff to make the most of what we have until the offseason.

5. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I'm not giving up on him. I just want to see him run north and south, and stop FALLING down when you get touched in the back field.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Bump.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Dont matter what I think Titans have sunk $53m into CJSideways and he will keep getting the rock not matter how 'little' he does with it

never said that

http://www.moviewavs.com/0084356043/MP3S/TV_Shows/Simpsons/whatthe.mp3

there is an ignore button available on GoTitans dot com

8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

GOT has a corny name that he thinks is funny for everyone or everything and it's just embarrassing. Every post includes at least one. :lol:

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    not true

and you should be careful 'the Diva' will get jealous and throw a shirtless hissy fit if he finds out you are paying attention too me.

10. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Why the play appears unimaginative? Please, the Titans are one of the most bland teams in the league period. I would love to see something more than four wide streaks and the halfback curls in the middle. Is Chris Johnson making the receivers go in straight lines?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar