Why I'm ready to give up on Britt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 14, 2013.

?
  1. QB Jake Locker's

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. RB Chris Johnson's

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  3. OT Michael Roos'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. WR Kenny Britt's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. LB Akeem Ayers

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. CB Jason McCourty's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. LB Zach Brown's

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  8. K Rob Bironas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Didn't Warrick Dunn grow up in a rough area? Look what he has done for people.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am saying Ayers over Johnson ONLY because I think Ayers has a great 10+ year career here. While CJ has slightly under 10 just because of the position he plays.

I really think Ayers and Brown are going to be something special for us. Its sad CJ's prime is not anywhere close to us being a playoff team, but it is what it is.

3. amy

amy Starter

Change your mind, change your life. You changed your mind. Kenny has not come to that point yet and may never. It took Adam Jones to fail miserably til he changed his mind. Look at what happened to Ray Lewis. We can all hope and pray that Kenny sees the light soon, for he is quickly running out of options.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If Vince wasn't such a lazy blockhead, we'd probably have a ring by now. I honestly believe that. Shame CJ's best years were wasted.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

All I know is dude was a beast on Madden.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Great thread and post. No doubt Kenny is a dipsh!+ but he's far from done. All of the other dumb stuff he's done is inexcusable. BUT in this situation (his brother being stabbed) I don't blame him one bit for staying tight-lipped and saying nothing to the cops. Sh!+ like that goes well beyond everything.

7. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

I liken Britt to a former player of ours, Albert Haynesworth. This is before the Redskins/Patriots/Bucs headcase issues. In the first years of Al being here, he a was a good, but not elite DT. I think he had a few off the field issues, nothing major. On the field, he was off injured, and took too many plays off. The final year of his rookie contract, he came out of nowhere and became the best DT in the NFL....period. Fisher was smart enough to know not to give him a longterm deal, and all true Titans fans also knew why. We ended up giving him the tag and he gave us another year of lights out football before becoming the "100 million $ man". What happened with the Redskins is proof of us making the right decision.

That being said, I believe one of 2 things will happen with Britt, who will be playing for a new contract, assuming he avoids further "off-field" issues and plays next year. That is a BIG assumption. Either he will 1) injure himself and go on IR, and never play with the Titans again or 2) become the dominant receiver he was the first three weeks of the 2011 season for a full 14-15 games. I say 14-15 because, like Albert, even when playing for a contract Britt is good for at least missing 2-3 games with inury.

If he becomes that dominant receiver he has the ability to be, we tag him and make him produce an encore. If he does so he becomes one of the highest paid receivers in all of football, probably by the Redskins. We then never hear from him again, at least in a positive light.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Do you know Patrick Willis' story? It's like the movie "The Blind Side" almost. From his wiki page:

"Born in Bruceton, Tennessee, Willis grew up in abject poverty and had to take care of his younger siblings. By the age of 10, he worked full-time on cotton fields. He left his home, a double-wide in a trailer park just outside of Bruceton, with his two brothers and sister as a 17-year old, when his alcoholic father turned increasingly violent. The siblings moved in with Willis' high school basketball coach."

Made me respect Patrick Willis 10x more after finding this out.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

wow I had no idea, thats odd that story isn't heard of. You figured the NFL would mention that almost every game.

10. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

Where are these people's parents? That's the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar