Why I Want VY to Start This Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vslyke, Oct 4, 2008.

?
  1. Yes. VY gives us the chance to open up our playbook.

28 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. No. KFC is the better game manager.

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Is you crazy?

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Need your eyes checked??? The coverage was tight, but that ball drops right on Roydell's left shoulder in stride. GREAT THROW. The kind of throw I have NEVER seen Young make.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Putting Young back on the field this season isn't only a disservice to the Titans, but it's also a disservice to Young himself. The fact that he is number two behind Collins today probably has his prima donna juices flowing again. He probably thinks Collins is just holding his spot until he heals completely. He needs humility. He needs to earn it. I'm glad Kerry has taken his stance on not wanting to be a backup anymore. He's had to watch his team go through all this while knowing the situation is fubar'd i.e. Young should be on the bench, learning from Collins, not Collins on the bench, watching Young regress for three (it was well on it's way to three) years. Young needs to know that you don't make it in this league on athleticism alone. He needs to know that Ben Troupes' are a dime a dozen, and that he's dangerously teetering on that line.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

This is the key piece of the first post...

and the correct reply to this would be "And somehow Vince still finds ways to eff it up."

In my eyes I can't see Kerry Collins hoisting the lombardi trophy with Vince Young on the bench with a clipboard, just doesn't make sense. I love the 2 QB system Idea if we could make it work, but at some point this season I would like to see Vince returned to the starting role.

Lets remember, he only got to play 1 game this year and that was against a pretty good Jacksonville defense where he still had a decent season.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Why do we keep saying that Jacksonville's defense is any good??? Why do we keep making excuses for Vince??? I'm done with that. I want to see REAL progress. Passes that receivers don't have to make circus catches to catch would be a start.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think McNair and Montana were the ultimate truth that a 2 minute drill should include runs.

That said, I will still give the edge to Collins over Young now because Collins can take chunks of yards that Vince is not capable of. But ultimately, I agree that Vince Young can move the ball down the field in the NFL when we need it most. This was his specialty in the NCAA.

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

That's what I think he is capable of. He had a pretty good game against the Jags, outside of the first INT, which was terrible. Besides, they're a good defense, and KFC isn't doing any better.
    Roydell was ahead of the corner. KFC threw it behind the corner. KFC was just lucky Roydell came back to the ball, and not the corner.
    VY is not regressing, he's progressing. While his mental state is worrying, I clearly stated I only want him back if/when he is 100% mentally.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

By the way, if VY was 6/13 with 33 yards for 0 TDs and 2 INTs in a half, we'd be practising the tar and feathers technique. :brow: KFC is just prving that he is, at best, a stop gap solution.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yeah.....

So how was that? Was that an impressive enough come from behind win for ya?

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

A little too soon??? DOH!!!

That's exactly what we can't expect Young to do right now.

And what's with the tar and feather talk??? Vince Young has been allowed to slide on everything for too long now. "Vince Young just wins". Tell that to the defense that drug him kicking and screaming to a 10-6 finish and first round exit last season. Not saying he's destined to be a bust, but he definitely shouldn't be playing right now, or this season for that matter.

About the Roydell Williams video, I really can't tell what you are seeing. Roydell didn't come back for the ball. He caught it running straight ahead. The ball dropped on his left shoulder, where only he had a chance at it.

Young had a HORRIBLE game against the Jags. His first interception was thrown straight to a safety who wasn't doing much in the way of coverage. His second interception wasn't tipped, and thrown straight to a rookie defensive linemen. Young made sure to put enough touch on that five yard pass to make sure it wouldn't bounce out of his hands. He was having an absolutely horrible game. What could you have possibly seen that indicated he is progressing???

10. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

If one game is a determinant of a qb progressing or regressing then we are in a lot of trouble with our current qb. Kerry collins has gotten worse in each game he's played and you're here defending him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar