Why I Want VY to Start This Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vslyke, Oct 4, 2008.

?
  1. Yes. VY gives us the chance to open up our playbook.

28 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. No. KFC is the better game manager.

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Is you crazy?

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

So none of this blame goes on bironas' missed fg or browns fumble at the 10? Vy put us in position to score either 12 or 16 points. That was also against a defense that held the colts to 24 and patriots to 21. Also that same team forced manning into two interceptions and brady into three.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So it was a complete pass, it got a lot of yards, it wasn't picked off, and it was a terrible throw. You keep on thinking that.

A TON! Show me where. Seriously I'd love to know. He still can't read defenses, his foot work is still bad, and his throwing motion is bad. I'm not saying he has to be Brady but he isn't progressing, PERIOD. In fact he's getting worse. Now it looks like he may be too mentally weak to play in the NFL. He was dreadful in the pre season and from what I saw in the Jacksonville game I hated. Were getting about 9 more points a game with Collins at QB, our offense looks so much better without Young and his 5 yard slant passes under center.

No Brown hurt us a lot but how many times did we have the ball? More than 3 or 4. We get 6 points. If the QB can't move the ball down the field then it's his fault.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

The QB is one of eleven offensive players on the field at any time responsible in assisting the offence move the ball. These players, along with the offensive coaches, must all share in the credit or the blame that the offence receives at any time during the season.

Don't put it all at the QB's feet one way or the other.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Sounds like the kind of thing you would have ripped Young for.

I just think it is strange how so much more is expected from a third year player than a fifteen year player around here.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Why would I blame anyone for a complete pass?

All I expect from a 3rd year player is progression. I'm seeing regression, not to mention there wasn't a whole lot there to begin with as far as being a good passer. He's got what the lowest passer rating among all starting QBs? That's not progression.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

It's not just you. It just seems everybody has been ready to jump on Young every time he throws a high pass, but then Collins goes for 5 for 14 in the second half last week and nobody says a thing. It just seems the double standard is almost ridiculous.

Because it's more than just numbers. Parts of his game are getting better. He's only played one game this year, and that was against a very good defense. I'm not saying he's perfect or that he needs to be starting again. I just don't understand how Collins can put up similar numbers and doesn't get the beating Young does. And Vince's career rating is about the same as Collins'. So does that mean Collins has been in a 15 year regression?

Anyways, I guess the point of all this is I'm glad Vince is back, and I hope he has things straight so he can get back to work on improving as a quarterback. Hopefully the wins keep adding up, no matter who plays quarterback.

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Exactly. The big thing that jumps out at me in this conversation is that he played one game. Actually like three quarters of a game. I'm happy with Collins now and am enjoying how things are going but when Vince is ready mentally and physically he should be under consideration for the starter job.

The only thing that shakes me about Vince is the suicide and quitting on the team controversy. Tough pill to swallow after all that was discussed. And IMO it was serious ........ not just blown out of proportion.

We're 4-0 and in 9 and 1/2 hours we will be working for 5 .......

GO TITANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

The results of the poll are pretty surprising to me. I am a big Vince Young fan, but I don't want anything to change from what the team has done in the last three games. Also, I trust Jeff Fisher to do what is best. Shocked that the majority disagree.

9. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Jeff Fisher has not said that vince young will not start the rest of the season so I'm not sure why you think it would be disagreeing with fisher. I think he should start this season but I don't think it should be right away or if our team is looking like a 12-4 team or better. I think if we're not looking like a super bowl team at the middle of the season then we mind as well let our franchise qb get in the game and see what he can do in the playoffs.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Shouldn't Young be a game manager between putridity and superstardom, or does he just jump to superstardom all at once??? Manage the game??? Vince can't even do that right now. He was on the verge of handing that game back to Jacksonville when he left the game injured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar