Why I Want VY to Start This Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vslyke, Oct 4, 2008.

?
  1. Yes. VY gives us the chance to open up our playbook.

28 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. No. KFC is the better game manager.

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Is you crazy?

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Coach Fisher has already implemented the correct plan in my opinion. When u are winning in the NFL, u don't change anything u don't have to. Kerry keeps doin his job, and we keep winning, there is no need to change anything. If Kerry struggles, especially if we are losing on top of it, u consider going with Vince. Very important that Vince is never on the field when his legs are injured though. That is the biggest factor in his frustration, and ineffectiveness that has possibly led to a lack of confidence. When Vince can't run, Vince ain't Vince. I believe the coaching staff should always sit Vince when he has leg issues. I suspect if they had done that all along, we wouldn't even be talking about Vince's "problems" Right now, it just wouldn't make sense to go back to Vince. Not when we are winning.Again, the injuries, and the fact that he has been playing injured, along with all the criticism from the media, which is also largely due to the injuries may have hurt Vince mentally for the short-term. Coach Fisher is playing his cards right at this point.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The OL better do a solid job against the Ratbirds tomorrow because Vince is just a Ray Ray hit away from being back on the field.

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Rather have Collins then VY at this point managing the game. Lets say for argument that Collins has an awful day tomorrow, i see no reason to bench him. He got us to 4-0 and hes going to have a bad day at the office eventually. Now if starts puttin 2 games in a row worth of terriable play then bench him but i think Collins knows how so shake
    off bad plays. The team looks very good with him in their and i'm pullin for the guy to ride this team to Tampa. Why shouldnt we?

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I don't think anyone is "not" pulling for Kerry. But, there are a couple things that need to be pointed out.

1) Nobody has said they see "reason to bench" Kerry. I think most are looking long term when we talk about getting VY back in at QB. And, I see no reason to get him some playing time this season. After all, he is our QB ou the future. Because that's not Kerry. He's thiry-five. VY's ten years younger. That' shouldn't be to difficult to figure out who's in the long term plans of this team.

2) As good as things have gone with Kerry. He's "in part" responsible for the 4-0 start. Don't forget the defense and CJ. Besides, he didn't even play in the first game.

Hopefully though, he can get "his" 4-0 tomorrow against Baltimore. :wink2:

5. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

This defense is the same defense that carried VY's piss poor performance last year. Vy did make some plays last season but he also made some awful ones as well. He needs so stay on the sideline and watch just like Mcnair did with O'Donnell. Spending a little time on the pine isnt a bad thing, he may not like it cause he's not used to it. But at the end of the day when its all said and done hes going to become a better QB, i hope

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He'll be a better QB when he plays again. As long as our defense holds up we'll be fine till the playoffs.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

You are absolutely right! :thumb:

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

They say our Defence is better this year cause all of thier energy isnt going into winning the games alone. with Collins at QB it takes a lot of weight off our Defence and going to make them a lot better. Cause they get more rest and can just focus on getting the offence the ball back.

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Good point. However, that was a TD, and I seem to remember Roydell having to make a great catch (therefore, not a great throw). Maybe I'm wrong about that, but that's what I remember.

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

You mean it has nothing to do with the fact that we have CJ, who opens up scoring chances and takes some of the burden off of everyone? Or Finnegan's and Griffin's improvement?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar