Why I Want VY to Start This Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vslyke, Oct 4, 2008.

?
  1. Yes. VY gives us the chance to open up our playbook.

28 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. No. KFC is the better game manager.

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Is you crazy?

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Vy has proven to be good in the 2 minute drill. And nobody runs in the 2 minute drill. When vince is in we will either pass or he will scramble (assuming he gains his confidence back running the ball). When collins is in we will pass. Not sure how many 2 minute drills you've seen but not many teams are running the football.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Getting all that from VY in each game is asking to much .

Untill Vy can pass teams will continue to lock him down in the pocket. VY did great his rookie year, but his second season defences kept him contained and thats when VY found he was in trouble.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think as time passes people are forgettng how bad VY had gotten on the field.

Believe me you dont want him back this season, we are 4-0 first time in the teams history. lets keep rolling with the same crew.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Oh, I want him back this year as long as he has improved over last year. I don't want KFC out there, and I don't want the 07 VY out there.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm sorry are we not counting the time Collins led the team down the field last year for Bironas' 8th FG which ended up winning the game?

I voted your crazy. I'm done with Vince Young. I know he was bad last year but I thought there's a chance he could get better this year, from what I saw in that Jacksonville game he looks like he's gotten worse. Then what happened afterwards, wow, he showed me he simply CANNOT cut it as an NFL QB. I have no idea why anyone would want to start Young at this point. It would tear apart the locker room (some who like the move, most probably wouldn't), our passing game and run game would suffer, and any chance at the Superbowl would be gone.

If we cut him at the end of the year I'll be thrilled, and I never thought I would say that because I've been a fan of his and rooted for him since we got him but I can't do it anymore. I'm not a "VY hater" I'm just reacting to what I see.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

He was throwing to Roydell, who was actually a pretty decent WR. Besides, he still didn't get the TD, and it was against Houston.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Vince needs to sit another month at least. I want to see him back but if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'd vote in the poll but none of the answers reflect how I feel. If Collins can "manage" his way to winning while avoiding injury by all means he should continue to start. Realistically, Vince's best shot at being a legitimate big time qb in this league begin with mini-camps, OTA's, training camp and the like. He really should only see the field if it is out of absolute dire necessity.

thank you for pointing that out. I thought the same thing. +rep

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

OK well good for Roydell. We didn't need a TD, just a FG. And so what if it was Houston? We nearly lost.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

hold on Cowboy... didn't you just cite Vince's ability to win games this and that and then make reference to the OT run AGAINST HOUSTON?

10. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

With VY in, at least based off last year, preseason and Jacksonville, we will need a 4th quarter comeback, or maybe a 4th quarter comeback + onside kick.

With KC, we'll be in a close game and might be l eading because less mistakes would have been made earlier in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar