Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Why I think they'll keep Loggains at OC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 3, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,630
    I feel like our offense was better under Palmer than it was under Loggains.
  2. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,824
    Thats because Palmer believed in his system, Loggains was trying to get away from it.

If you don't buy into a system, there's no way you can pull it off properly.
  3. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,630
    Does Loggains actually have his own system?
  4. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,824
    If I were a hot coordinator still a year away from being a head coaching candidate, I'd be all over the Titans jobs, you'd be a head coach in 10 months from now, that'd be enticing to me.
  5. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,824
    I tend to think it would reflect what Dinger did more than anything.

I mean we drafted Jake Locker to replace Vince Young, not become Eli manning. When Vince Young wasn't throwing temper tantrums our offense was rocking and rolling, so why we ever let Palmer turn us into a west coast offense is beyond me.

I mean yes he's groomed some good QB's in his day, and yes we had similar pieces to the Giants offense, but the runningbacks we have don't like the zone scheme. We are only as good as our RB's, so west coast?

When you can't run the ball you're doomed. Even the Patriots and Packers are able to run the ball to keep defenses honest. And in theory spreading things out should only help CJ, but he's not the runner Barry Sanders was, he likes a lead blocker and knowing where to run to.
    GoT high fives this.
  6. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,373
    Whatever that shite was that Palmer ran, it definitely was not a west coast offense in terms of timing routes. Maybe only in the "passing over running" idea but that's about where it stopped. We didn't work the short horizontal game. There were zero times I remember jake hitting a receiver in stride on a 3/5 step drop...

Palmers O was option and VERTICAL. 5-8 yard stem routes and then a route tree of which the QB and WR would have to read together to have a legit chance at getting the ball to an open area. Crazy thinking.
  7. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $21,321
    Which is a large part of the reason why Locker sucks... he's the kind of player that "tries to make things happen" but doesn't do a great job at it.

Hopefully the next OC will force him to improve his short-medium game, and getting rid of the ball in a reasonable amount of time.
    Ensconatus high fives this.
  8. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,373
    Bingo.
  9. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,298
    It's a realist attitude, not a defeatist one. Everyone should know better than to get their hopes up for this team by now.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.
  10. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,824
    You try completing a pass with 300lb men breathing down your neck. Jake might as well have been playing with only TE's and WR's vs 11-man defenses, he had no blocking.