Why I think they'll keep Loggains at OC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Loggains did put in a few new plays and some could have worked well if executed right...long pass to Thompson...other play calls were just horendous...slant to Williams on 4th down and some of his designed runs for Locker...I hope that Moore is the OC and Loggains goes back to QB coach.

The defense really had no excuses because it wasn't hit hard by injuries and only had a few new pieces to the puzzle. I will be surprised if Gray is retained, but maybe the sparkiling performances against the offensive powerhouses of the Jets and Jags was enough to make Bud forget about the other thrashings.

2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Completely agree. It's kind of difficult be encouraged about our chances offensively next year if Loggains is retained. When he took over, the offense regressed. I know there's a lot of excuses made for him, and I guess some are viable. We'll see I guess.....

As for Turner, I think that would absolutely be the best move for Locker and the offense. However, I can't see Munch hiring someone that would be considered a viable HC replacement, because if there were a replacement there, Munch probably wouldn't last the entire season. He's not a very good coach, but he's smart enough to know that much.....I think.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The Titans need to go hire a real offensive coordinator. If this kid still wants the QB coach job then he can have it but we need to get a coach who can give us some more consistency. I prefer one of the o-line coaches with some oc experience.
    Chris Foerster the o-line coach with the redskins should get an interview. Solari from the 49ers also.

As for Tom Moore you would not know who he is if he was the oc at KC or Jacksonville. Peyton Manning would have been great without him. Just like Mike Mccoy is now way overrated as an oc because of Manning.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

First off. He is only looking at people who were around in the Oiler days. Some offensive coaches:
    • Kevin Gilbride (Giants OC and master of the option route offense)
    • June Jones (SMU head coach and last remaining user of the Run and Shoot)
    The defensive side of the ball looks better with names like Greg Williams, Wade Philips and....... the Nicktator:
    [​IMG]

Who was a DB coach for the Oilers for a short time when Jerry Glanville was HC. . . . . Probably not going to land him lol

5. The Hammer

........ he's gone....... Oh wait, I misread that :cuss: don't tease me like that..........

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What you are basically saying is that Loggains does not impress you enough to want him to just run the offense but if he is teamed up with or mentored by an older coach?

So why have him at that job if you think he is not qualified?

7. The Hammer

Because he has potential and Tom Moore probably does not have the energy to do all the work.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Chris Foerster

Mike Solari

Jeff Davidson

Mike Tice are all excellent o-line coaches with OC experience. In the case of Tice HC experience.

And by the way Tice's offense was not that bad this year for the Bears. They were 16th in scoring offense and 10th in rushing offense and rushing ypc. He understands the TE position and would improve our running game.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

My God hiring a coach based on potential. He's not qualified!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar