Why I think the Redskins ultimately control the 1st round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 20, 2015.

?
  1. I think so

15.4%
  2. I dont know

15.4%
  3. Who cares the pick should be Leonard Williams regardless

69.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As a QB whats the No.1 thing you need to be able to do.... Connect with your receivers, Mett does that as well as anyone, he's proven in an NFL game he can zip balls anywhere, neither Locker or Whitehurst had that going for them, they both missed by miles at times.

2015 MM is in no way a better passer than Mett, it would take a million reps to get MM where he should be.

Only way MM has a good year is if the coach adopts MM's game and incorporates that inot their playbook. Would Whiz do that? Doubt it.

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I think if the team can protect Mett and give him some time, he could cause some damage. The problem is, he has no time, weapons, and our D sucks horribly. This brings me to my next question. If Whiz and Co. are so sold 100% on Mett, do they go out and get him his #1 receiver at #2 or shortly after? Maybe they are thinking...Lets go BPA in Williams and sure up the D, grab our #1 receiver with the 2nd pick, and roll with a smash mouth runner or RT at #3. Would be interesting.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If I was calling the shots I get Williams, the drop off after him is noticeable, then go after a WR or RT at 33 and your offense is almost set. This draft is deep enough at WR to where I bet the 3rd round nets a few teams viable receiving options there.

Let RB be an after thought, Whiz seems to, no sense in burning a 2nd day pick on a guy who just sits around..

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

No doubt. Man I hate that he will not use the run game better. They have to get someone to run in-between the tackles bro.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Thats the key with Mett. We NEED to fix the OL for him. We know he isn't mobile, and can be kind of slow at getting the ball out, so we need to protect him. Without protection, Mett is taking this team nowhere.

However, I do believe that if we give Mett the protection he needs, and the weapons, he could be a Joe Flacco-esque QB.

6. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Well considering all MM has to do to be better than ZM is win a single game, I'd say MM is better.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Exactly. They need to patch up the line and get the run game going...add a true #1, and now Defenses can't stack the box and have to play honest.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That's pretty much how I feel. If the trade doesn't significantly favor us, take Leonard Williams.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar