Why has VY not made himself available to the media?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Or give it to Fisher and he'll fire you over the phone.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think people who actually know football know what I was referring to when I said Titans fans are stupid.

1st of all, the chances of you getting a QB NEXT YEAR that is better than Vince Young is slim to none. The guy is under contract. Even if the guy doesn't start next year he's a better backup than over half the starters in the league. You don't just cut a guy with his talent. He's literally beaten the Texans twice single handedly. He had the highest passer rating, and yards per attempt at one point this season. If you cut him, some other team instantly becomes a problem because they get a solid QB at a discount.

So put your VY hate aside for a second. He's not the reason our season went down the toilet. Hell, even when he was healthy Fisher still played Collins.

2nd, I can't believe there are people here still supporting Fisher. I don't know if its actual fans or internet personalities but there's people supporting Fisher in all of this. Talk about "Diva". Jeff Fisher has been the biggest diva on this team for 2 years. His ego and refuse to change attitude have destroyed this team.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. munie

munie Starter

:notworth::notworth::notworth:

4. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

Theres no denying VY is talented but is he worth walking on egg shells for...i was his biggest supporter coming in and im just growing tired of this, how much longer can it last? Yes he's a winner theres no denying it,but hes lazy and immature and im done with QBs like that, more and more guys are coming in and doing big things, and i want someone like that...vince's time needs to be up with fisher following him out the door

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Vince gains nothing by talking to the media. They'll just ask him loaded question after loaded question, and he realizes dealing with the media isn't one of his strengths. Good for him for saying nothing. He tweets every day so it's not like he's hiding.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Who is Jeff Fisher's agent? Even ESPN talking heads have agents... Who's Fishers?

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Smartest move he's made all season, just shut up. Let Bud can Fisher and then air it all out.

8. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Exactly. If it would have been the opposite circumstances and he had been stirring up the media, you can guarantee the title of this thread would've been...

Why can't VY stay out of the media?

It doesn't matter what he does. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. murrykline

murrykline Starter

He quit in that playoff game (locker room)

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The argument people are making though is that a lot of the VY "drama" was a result of Fisher's PR campaign. This season he clearly wanted Kerry to play even though he was the weaker option. Last year was the same situation. It would be one thing if players, and past coaches spoke out about Young but it just seems to be Fisher right now.

The media and even Fisher complimented Vince this off-season for his work ethic. So while the immature tag is valid the lazy tag doesn't seem to fit.

Vince Young doesn't seem anymore immature than other QB's in the league though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar