Why does Jake Locker have to be great?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Everyone here knows I am not a fan of locker. But he and McNair are cut from the same cloth. They both play risky and dangerously. And they both hurt their careers because of it. McNair was much better at it though.

As far as I can remember, 2003 was the only year that McNair really fought through injuries and did positive things for the team. Otherwise, IMO, he was a liability playing hurt. Liability to his health and the team.

Not that it matters health wise.. because he crapped it away on some 19 year old he was cheating with. It's a shame. I'm still bummed about that. Disgraceful way to end a nice legacy. The only thing we have to cherish as titans fans.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I haven't really seen anyone demand greatness from Jake. If we were demanding greatness we would not have been so impressed/satisfied with his 299 passing yards vs the Chargers...

3. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Jake Locker hasn't even done **** to be mentioned on VY's level.

and thats level 1.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

And you are retarded

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

He doesn't have to be great. Dan Marino was a great QB....no SB. Trent Dilfer was an average QB....SB.

Jake simply needs to be good, stay healthy and get decent support from the rest of the team and this team will be in the hunt.

7. 615nick

615nick Starter

I agree with you about them both plahing risky but they are not cut from the same cloth man. 2003 was a year where mcnair played well through some big injuries. He was not a liability, imo, we didn't have anything better than mcnair even when he was hurt. Locker cannot play through what mcnair could have, no way. He is a potentially good qb, but with his style you must be on a superhuman level of toughness. It's a one in a billion quality that jake just simply doesnt possess

8. 615nick

615nick Starter

Vy in no way was a guy we could lean on long term, true. But as of now it looks like he was a better titan. Please tell me how this statement is truly retarded.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Because Jake hasn't set the franchise back due to his own immaturity.

Swear to god this place has lost its mind.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I second this

Big TT

At least if Jake does not succeed it will be because he cannot stay healthy. Something uncontrollable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar