Why does it seem like everyone...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2008, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

is forgetting about Finnegan. Why is cornerback such a large need for us? Unless we do plan on ditching Pac-Man, I don't see a problem with having Finnegan move up to start opposite him and having Hill as a 3rd defensive back. Even with the same setup that we had last year, I would expect a large improvement since they are all very young players (and showed improvement at the end of the year). Now we add Harper to the mix. I really like this Finnegan kid and I don't see how the coaches could feel otherwise. I see the Harper signing as a good indication that we are ready to get rid of Pac-Man if the right offer comes along, which I think is the wrong move (depending on the value we would get, of course).

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Yeah with the Harper signing, I think we are pretty much set at CB. Unless, of course, Pac gets suspended for an extended period of time

3. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Having Finnegan, Pacman, and another CB only gives us more depth and another reason to replace Reynaldo. I'm very happy we signed Nick Harper whether Pacman stays on the team or not.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Finnegan isn't proven, for all we know he could turn out to have a season like Reynaldo did and we don't improve.

There is a reason why he was a 7th rounder.

5. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

He's too fast to be a Reynaldo, and too tenacious to ever be a bust in my opinion. You could also say the same thing about Marques Colston but he's turned out fine. The main reason he was a 7th rounder was due to the small college he went to and his size.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Reynaldo ran a 4.3 and 7th rounders can't be considered busts.

7. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I love Finnegan, that being said... I think he fits and produces perfect at the Nickle position. I don't see him as a legit outside corner for 60 minutes.

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I think we have to play the market like we don't have Pac. We CANNOT rely on him. Sort of like what San Diego did a few years ago when they had Brees, but still drafted Rivers. If Pac is here next year, I would consider that a bonus, but we must go on just like he's not here.

I would very seriously doubt he will play every game next year. Besides, as some NFL GMs say, "You can't seem to ever have enough CBs"

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I think if Hill gets put in the right situation hed be great, with that being said, Jim Schwartz is our coordinator

10. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Alright, I take it back. He is fast but too stupid and lazy to cover a WR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar