Why do you guys want Cutler?? And what do we do for the 2nd Round..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The619RBush, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the Chargers probably won't trade Rivers now that Brees has that torn labrum (which could keep him out for awhile)

Lendale White won't go til the mid-teens

imo

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

however, AJ Hawk to Oakland feels about right

3. The619RBush

The619RBush Guest

Cutler will be pathetic in the Nfl. If we dont draft young or bush and we draft Cutler thats just sick............Houston could pick young also, he is from texas....He is the hometown hero...You guys watch the draft and watch Reggie Bush holding up a titans jersey....Houston is gonna shock the world picking vince!!! But if we draft young i wont be upset............

619 is coming.................................

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Bush will be the first player selected in this years draft... whether it's the Texans' or another team... Bush is legit. As far as Cutler... there are a handful of teams that have Cutler rated ahead of Leinart as the best QB in this years draft. Personally, I would take Leinart or Cutler with the 3rd pick ( Cutler being my first choice )... people say three (3) is to high to take Cutler, I disagree, but there is a'lot of time between now and the draft and a'lot of evaluation to be done.

5. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I have a hard time believing they'll keep both... but stranger things have happen. They've also come out and stated that Brees's injury will have no baring on whether thay keep Rivers or not.

Resource:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/01/11/bc.fbn.chargers.brees.ap/index.html

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

He originally anticipated a four-month rehab, which would have had him ready for minicamp. Now he hopes to be ready by the start of training camp in late July.

"Even when you come back throwing, it's a long process just to get your arm to where you have the endurance, and you gradually work from throwing 5 yards to 10 yards," Brees said. "Even once I start throwing, it's still probably two more months or so before I start throwing routes, deep passes and all that stuff, but it's a process.

doesn't sound like he'll be throwing like his old self for awhile
    so, who's gonna QB the Chargers while Drew is rehabbing and throwing 10 yard outs ?

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't understand. Why would Houston pick up Carr's option and openly tell everyone they are selecting Bush if they wanted to take Young ? They have the first pick... no need for deception...

8. danny

danny Guest

Cutler at three isn't that far fetched. Rivers shot up the draft boards between the end of the season and the draft when he came out. Stranger things have happened. If the Titans do think Cutler's their guy, not Young or Leinert, then it would be nice if they could trade back and pick up some gravy in the process.

By draft time, every team in the league generally knows where the team in front of them is going and where the teams behind them are going as far as picks. If someone offers the Titans a Herschel Walker type deal (I said this on another thread), you can't be upset if they drop back and pick up Cutler later on.

IMO, someone will offer the Titans a huge deal if Young is there when they're on the clock. We'll only know in that fifteen minute span a half hour into the draft if they take the deal or not.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Pathetic? Cutler has as good of a chance of being a great pro as VY. You simply don't know what you are talking about.
    I'm not advocating taking Cutler over Bush but as good as Young looks in college remember the NFL is a whole different game. Young will not be able to win games with his legs alone. Cutler has the best arm in the draft and throwing the ball is still the most important factor for an NFL QB.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

co-sign

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar