Why did we not trade for Harvin?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

mfw Dr Roll/Mr Tide posts one of his contradictory threads

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny knows my history. I have been posting here since 2002 and never, never never have i advocated the titans sign a player like that at that kind of cost. Especially a WR! I hate WRs and all of them are egotistical morons.

It's easy to ask why not when the deal is already done and he is safely in the hands of another team i just wanted to stimulate some conversation. Wanted to know what people thought of the deal and what Seattle paid for it. They already have a good WR who is making $8.5M this year.

Would i have made that deal had i been GM? Probably not.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Citation needed.

The Vikings quite clearly wanted to end up with two first-round picks. Where is there any evidence that they would rather have Nate Washington than a first-round pick? That's a somewhat absurd suggestion.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

It was good for Seattle, but would not have been for many other teams.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well you assume I care but you started this thread asking why didn't we do it and then say he isn't worth it.

Dr Roll/Mr Tide.

Anyway, I don't think he is all that great and not worth what the Seahawks paid for him, but the Seahawks needed a player like that. He might help, them though I suspect the Seahawks won't be as good as people think, I doubt he would have helped us.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You would be wise to think that. I also think Seattle will take a step back and not be the team they were this past season.

IDK how the hell defenses allowed Russel Wilson to run the same play back to back then again later in games, surely defenses will fix this issue. No other offense gets away with that stuff, how does Seattle? I suspect it's due to the lack of tape on that offense.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I do this too, I don't necessarily create a discussion to try to sale people on an idea, I just spit out a bunch of stuff and sometimes it makes for an interesting thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar