Why did the Titans draft Fowler?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He pancaked a 270lb OLB like it was nothing on that play, he'll be doing that plenty in the regular season when he's called on.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think this was the original idea. His hands are better than you'd think also.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

So cut Andrews and not lose any money. Got it.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I think Sankey gets 3rd roster slot myself

Of course injuries ect...

Just better only be 3 what with Fowler having a slot

and there better not be 11 TEs this year!!!!!!!!!!!

dang the wizinator 53 man roster last year was completly insane!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

In the first preseason game when the Titans ran the ball 36 times and played lots of backups and depth players, Jalston Fowler managed to get 5 offensive snaps.

5!

• LOL LOL x 3
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Keeping him a secret for W1

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

He's a bad KR, a worse WR, and an even worse RB.

Versatility means doing a variety of things well. Sucking at many things isn't a big deal. Hell, I suck at all 22 positions on the field, they should sign me as a swiss army knife player.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Like he was not able to do work since he was drafted 1st overall? Dude's a dud. Move along everybody, just move along.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

All the old RB's, including Sankey, look better this year as the OL has improved. Sankey has an unfortunate start behind a really crappy OL, OL coach and HC. His confidence was definitely shook up. Is he really as bad as a lot of people are making him out to be? I'd say no. Is he better than Fluellen and Cobb? I'd say yes definitely. Is he better than DMC and Andrews? I'd give Sankey the nod there as well although it's close. DMC is an OK PR (which is filled) and both DMC and Andrews are good locker room guys whose "tough minded" approach jibes well with the identity that JR/MM have created. So that's a toss-up.

Sankey had some good runs early last year in the Bucs game, just like he did last Saturday. He has skills. The question mark is his passion and if he can or has become "tough-minded". If he shows that and a willingness and ability to play better ST's, I think he'll stick.

10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Thanks for the reasonable response. If we are going power, which we are, where does Sankey fit. Number 3 should be able to replace the identity this team is trying to make (if 1 or 2 were to go down). I say put feelers out for Sankey, and see if we can find any value there. I personally am done with the man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar