Why did Loggains allow Fitzpatrick to throw 41 times?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I don't mind him trying to call pass plays, but he probably did call a bit too much.

The Chiefs came ready to stop the run. They new with Fitz back there, we were going to rely on the ground the game. Had we run the ball non-stop and continued getting nothing to show for it (or worse, -2's), you'd all be on his case.

I'm sure if I watch the whole game from 'coach's film' view, I'll see that we probably had some receivers running loose.

Also, I noticed that Fitz likes to stare at the rush A LOT, more than receivers down field. A VET QB should not be doing that at this point in his career....

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

#1: Chris Johnson is our running back
    #2: Our run blocking has been awful
    #3: Chiefs front-7 was dominating
    #4: We were playing catch up

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree, and I will also add fitz looked very shaky the first half but calmed down a little in the 3rd. He needs to realize he doesn't need to do to much, just get the ball to our wide outs and let them make plays

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Run blocking sucks. The pass blocking was not too bad.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fitz sucked until he started to play his game. EVERYTHING positive that happened on offense was due to him making a play yesterday. He blew ONE pass which bounced off Wright.

Why blame Fitz for drops by Britt and others?

Sacks? Blame the OL which is the main reason the running game sucked as well.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

We didnt even give the running game a chance in the second half! This is what cost us the game. Especially when he had the lead and the ball and we had a second and 1 and we throw 2 incomplete passes in a row!

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im not putting this all on Fitz if thats what youre thinking. I know he wasnt dropping his own passes, he actually caught one LOL

Im saying what in the world is Loggains doing down there? That goal line debacle wasn't even surprising to me. But 41 pass attempts, that is surprising all things considered.

If the defense doesn't bail Loggains out we lose every game. This guy isn't ready for the role he's filling.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Britt had one drop that was bad. The other two could have been PI

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So you would be good with doing the same ineffective plays the Titans were totally ineffective running in the first half?

The goal of coaching is to put your team in position to succeed. Notice how the Titans got a lead by taking another approach in the third quarter. The coaches made the right changes.

Fitz makes a bad pass. Britt makes a few drops. Warmack makes a couple of whiffs. The refs screw up a few calls and you lose to good teams. I have no problem with the adjustments.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Fitz wasn't as bad as most of us think. There were drops and poor tackling, he tried to make plays and couldnt do it. He had bad throws, but no more than Locker.

Fact of the matter is: our run game is garbage

We can't be a defensive / pound the run team like Munch wants with a crap run game.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar