Why can't you franchise Haynesworth?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mashed Potatoes, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

I'm hazy on the rules here.

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Because management agreed not to do again it if Al met certain performance goals. He met those goals.

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

IMO I thought it was a bad decision in the first place to allow that to happen. I understand I know nothing about front office and contracts and such ........

but what would Albert do if we wouldn't agree to not franchise him again? Not play?

I do hope we get him back though.

4. Chapparal97

He'd probably hold out, get the league and players union involved thus creating bad blood. He then wouldn't want to play here anyway. Motivation gone.

MR and and his agent have already begun talking. I'm gonna put faith in the FO that they get it handled........

5. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

That sucks for y'all, he's truly a difference maker out there.

What are the chances that he re-signs in Tennessee?

6. Chapparal97

Unlike many here, I think the odds are pretty good he'll stay. He may not get the dough he's looking for, but a young, up and coming team that may has Super Bowl potential will be intriguing to him. His shelf life is about half over, I don't think he'll be interested in a re-building team. He went through that already.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Haynesworth doesn't seem like the guy who is "team first." he's not going to take less money here than if someone else offered more. But he is a great player.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They were apparently close last season before the deadline passed. He went to college at Tennessee and played for the Titans all his life. I think he wants to stay.

The only issue is his durability.

9. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I think we should keep the guy. He is a play maker and why let a guy go that is great if not one of the best at his position. We have the money to keep him so why not do it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar