WHY ARE WE NOT SPENDING MONEY!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

Obviously w will opt for Conk's fifth year but I can see us being proactive on those three deals

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I still think we're not even close to done in FA. I also think a trade or two could be in the works.

3. Carp

Carp Starter

I get the idea, but it's pretty likely that less than half of these players get re-signed, either due to age, performance, or some combination of both. Morgan, Orakpo, and Matthews will be over 30.

Our main targets we likely will attempt to retain are Lewan, Casey, Mariota, and Conklin. May be Henry, depending on how he does and what our RB situation is like. But these guys combined will likely be making over 60 million per year, which will be a good chunk of our payroll.

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

So basically just 2019 we have guys to sign and Mariota in 20.

5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Conklin just finished his rookie year. And if they excerise the 5th year option, that's 4 years from now, not 2-3.

So I'm still wondering who's gonna command big money in.

This is why I say the "need to save money for the future" argument makes no sense.

6. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Honestly, most of those guys we aren't going to resign, and probably shouldn't.

Woodyard - Let him walk. Had a down year, probably will again. Getting older, and was only decent to begin with.

Succop - He's a kicker. Come on man.

Kline - Would like to resign if we can get a decent price. If not, we can probably get a good guard on day 2 next year. Not a huge deal.

Kelly - Not a big deal

Amaro - Not a big deal

Jones - I honestly think he's going to command more than he's worth. I wouldn't mind letting him walk.

Williamson - I'd like to see him resigned. We can get other good value at ILB.

Casey - I'd definitely like to see him get resigned. He's already getting good money though. Would probably get a bit more. Not a huge difference.

Lewan - Would like to see him resigned. I could very well see him leaving/J-Rob not pulling out the bank for him though.

Walker - Would be 35 by then. Don't really care too much unless we're pretty weak at TE. Doubt he would command too much.

Orakpo - 33. Already has a sizable contract. Probably couldn't command anymore, and at that age not sure I'd want him back.

Morgan - Ehh. He's ok. I think he'd ask for more than he's worth though. I'm sure I'd be fine with letting him walk.

Matthews - let him walk if he's not a good bargain.

Murray - 32 by then. probably retired or close to it. Not a big deal.

Mariota - Obvious resign.

Kern - He's a punter. Come on man x2.

Jones - Maybe resign him, maybe not. He's not been consistent enough throughout his career for me to worry about losing him in 3 years when he's coming up on 31.

Long story, short, I think you're kind of overreacting. Every team has free agents. Hell, Jacksonville gives out the most money each year, and still manages to do it over again. In the NFL, you can generally easily cut someone after two or so years in their contract, and free up your cap space too. Then some people are going to leave no matter what contract you offer them.

J-Rob giving one guy like Hightower some money isn't that big of a deal as long as he's not going overboard and managing his cap space.

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

This maybe true but you can flat line your pockets not spending anywhere near the cap! And raise ticket prices........ASK AMY!

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Mariota and Lewan are the only 2 deals I'm thinking about.

Pull out the bank to keep Lewan. He's a legit LT. It won't be as simple as sliding Conklin over to the left.

Walker, Casey and morgan should all be re-signed as well, and I don't think it will be difficult to keep these 3

9. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Spend smart not foolishly. There is a difference between being cheap and frugal

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Pretty much. Maybe Casey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar