Whose The Better QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Jan 25, 2010.

?
  1. Peyton Manning

59 vote(s)
    93.7%
  2. Phillip Rivers

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ah...

I missed this post the first time so I will respond.

Thank you for starting a thread with the sole purpose of trying to get help in proving me wrong. It's quite amusing...

I would say Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark are as good of a receiver combo as there is in the league and a lot better than most. Donald Brown is an excellent player and a first rnd pick. Is that what you mean by no weapons?

Please point to a post in which I mis-represented what you said. I may have misinterpreted what you said and responded to what I thought you meant, but I have been specific about my responses to what you have said going so far as to quote you.

As far as their defense being important? There have been 2 seasons in which the Colts defense was last or next to last and the great Peyton Manning could not even get them 8 wins...though the Titans were able to accomplish this feat with a lesser QB playing the most important position in football. Oh wait...I guess the defense IS kinda important!

Gut

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

How exactly does Manning beat Tom Brady who's got 3 Super Bowl rings, been a dominant QB and has played much better than Manning in the post season. How is Manning better than Montana where Montana is a distant 2nd? How is Bradshaw not even in the conversation when he has 4 Super Bowl rings to Peyton's 1? Heck, even Big Ben has 2 to Peyton's 1. Why is Marino all of a sudden a distant second? How many Hall of Famers did he play with on offense?

Perhaps you're not old enough to have watched all of these guys play.

Here's some food for thought. Manning was considered a choker in the playoffs. The one year they WON the Super Bowl in '06, who did more to win it...Manning who over 4 playoff games (including the Super Bowl) threw 3 TD's and 7 INT's, had a QB rating of 70.5 with a high of 81.8 and only threw 300+ yds once.....or the D that was the best D in the playoffs by yards given up and the equivalent to the 4th best D in points given up? Manning certainly had a great regular season that year...but again didn't play well in post-season.

Additionally, while no one can compare Rivers short career to Manning 12 year career, Rivers is ahead of where Manning was after 4 years of starting so don't discount him out yet (same with some of the other QB's like Big Ben).

Gut

3. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

teams win championships

not qb's

ty law said manning was better today. and he loves brady. he knows brady and has played with brady.

you lose

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Don't even bother arguing with this guy. He'll quote your post and write you a frickin novel pulling every stat he can scrounge together.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Gut=Phillip Rivers.

You're crazy dude. Ben and Phillip have a defense. I don't care what the stats say, The Chargers and Steelers D are MUCH BETTER then the Colts and have been for a while. The only reason the Colts D has any type of good stats is because typically they get to pin their ears back and rush the passer while he tries to keep up with the Colts offense. Makes for an easy gameplan.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I have not been very involved in this discussion but there is no evidence at all to say that ANY QB is better than Joe Montana.

Best QBs of the modern era.. 70s to present..

Montana
    P Manning
    Staubach
    Elway
    Brady
    Marino
    Kelly

Best QBs of the previous era..

Unitas
    Tarkington
    Starr
    Lane

Overrated hall HOF famers

Bradshaw
    Aikman
    Jergenson

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Lol...

Is this how you have a debate?

Let's try a few simple questions. You said Manning was a top 3 QB since his rookie season. Do you think a QB with almost as many turnovers as TD's is a top 3 QB?

Gut

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hmmm...

Since you don't like stats (probably because they don't agree with your opinions), on what basis do you believe the Steelers and Chargers D's are MUCH BETTER than the Colts D?

And your reasoning for the "only reason the Colts D has any type of good stats is because typically they get to pin their ears back and rush the passer..."

Is this NOT true for the Chargers and Steelers? Doesn't the Colts D have the best pass rushers of the 3 teams???

Gut

9. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Relating Big Ben to Peyton Manning's early days...I'm getting nauseous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar