Who's To Blame?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Oct 6, 2010.

?
  1. Coach Fisher

86.5%
  2. Coach Heimerdinger

13.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

[​IMG]

Is Heimerdinger or Fisher the one to blame for our weak @ss offense? I saw this pic on the Tennessean and it looks as if Fish is getting onto Dinger. Is the confidence or lack of confidence in VY's passing ability really so bad that we have to run every down?

I seriously hope that we just live and die with VY as our guy. CJ is our most lethal weapon but VY needs to be the guy. I don't say this as a VY is God belief, just the thinking that we need to believe in our QB.

What has to happen for us to finally let Vince actually lead this offense. I love CJ but there is way too much being asked of him to do.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

sorry but Young will never be depended on to lead this team

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I hope you're wrong Ewker because VY has proved that he can be depended on.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Well we've had the same offense since we drafted Vince and Dinger has been here what three years? Gonna go Fish here.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Please, nothing gets done without Fisher having a say so. This offense has been the exact same since he took over as coach, doesn't matter who the OC is at the time. Remember the Denver offense the years that Dinger coached it with Cutler, it looks nothing like this offense, why, because they don't trust VY to throw the ball and they never will. Honestly Bud needs to either fire Fisher, or trade or release VY because he is never going to be a franchise QB with Fish at the helm.

6. CricketChapman

CricketChapman Camp Fodder

Both are to blame. Fisher for his poor decisions, and Dinger for his plain and vanilla (complete lack of uniquity, excluding the option).

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Note that we are 7th in points scored in the entire NFL.

Even if you eliminate the KR TD and the safety we are still 11th in the league in scoring offense.

Rolltides annoying factoids...

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Stats mean NOTHING, good god. Take a course in statistics please. 7th in league in points scored, and we had 38 vs the Raiders opening week..that tends to skew things don't you think? All I see is 2-2 and no confidence in our offense being able to score, and Finnegan even said that the defense HAS to start scoring points..what the hell does that tell you?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You have no clue what you are talking about but don't feel bad you are not alone. Ignorance is running rampant on this board.

Has it occurred to even one of the geniuses here to go back and see what kind of success Dinger has had away from Fisher and the titans? How many top 10 offenses has he had? NONE!

Dinger sans Fisher:

Denver 06 Rank in scoring offense 17th, 8th in rushing attempts, 26 in pass attempts.

Denver 07 Rank in scoring defense 21st, 9th in rushing attempts, 21st in pass attempts.

Average rank with Jeff fisher's teams in scoring offense 9.5.

I charitably did not post the Jet's 05 stats because they are even more horrible in an injury riddled year. That year the Jets were 29th in scoring offense.

So in conclusion Dinger has done WORSE sans Fisher and his offense was very similar.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

For those too lazy too read..

Dinger as OC sans Fisher... 22.5 average ranking scoring offense..

Dinger with Fisher 9.5 average ranking in scoring offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar