Who's to blame for our defense?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Obie09, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Is it Cecil with a stupid gameplan? We have good CB's, we have good safeties, we have a good D-Line, our LB's are supposed to be good. We should be much better on defense and I feel like we have enough good players on D with no weaknesses.

Is it just me or has Tully been the most disappointing player on our defense by far this year? Nobody is talking about him but he is never in position to make a play and most yards come over the middle. Is it the plays being called or is he just reading plays wrong? :suspect:

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Our defense was great under Schwartz when we didn't blitz. Now we blitz all the time and give up a ton of passing yards. This is why I loved Schwartz.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Tulloch seems to whif a lot, and looked especially bad against the Chargers in my opinion.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

We didn't blitz much last year and got torched continually.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well we didn't actually sack the QB, we do this year but it doesn't do any good since teams will just convert on 2nd and 17 on us all day long.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

This is why i oppose "Zone" so much. It seems like playing zone kills us badly.

We had them backed up on their 2 yard line and they throw a 31 yard pass on 3rd down to a wide open Fasano. If it was a man to man play, i'm pretty sure it would've been stopped. But we decided to play zone and got burned very bad.

Tolluch, just seems confused on pass plays as of late.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I was going to say that our dline is providing a lot more pressure than last year, but I didn't for whatever reason. Either way I don't think we can fully blame the defense on blitzing, however that is part of it for sure.

8. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Actually I love the blitz..I personally hated when we sat back on every down and rushed 4 every single down. From what I'm able to see..the DBs are playing extremely soft in coverage. Whenever a WR makes a catch our DBs are about 10yrds off..I dont know whats going on with Chris Hope but he seems to always be out of position..and when your last line of defense is consistently out of position its going to cost you.

9. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I don't know what it is but we are great on 1st and 2nd down, but suck on 3rd down.

10. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Its that bend but dont break zone crap. It works fine when you are ahead in points. This game was doomed from the start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar