Who's the last missing piece? (OL)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Now again, I know many can argue we still have two missing pieces (Chance) left to fill on the offensive line - but the most talked about hole in the offensive line right now, is LG...

Quinton Spain definitely isn't the answer -- and Jeremiah Poutasi has plenty of asterisks and what if's after last season (be the position change as it may)

This thread is to float ideas to who do you think assumes the role of LG.

Does Schwenke get moved to LG? Do they switch Warmack to LG and put Tretola at RG? Or do they simply stick the rookie Tretola at LG?

This is just to get the conversation moving on our pre-season favorites for the oline.

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

If anyone switches positions, start with the rookie. He seems like a good bet to win a job so just stick him in there (if he can play) and roll with it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Between Poutasi, Bell, Tretola, and anyone else they think to bring in, surely they can fill that spot with someone that is at least average.

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Spain actually was probably the best guard on the team last year. I keep him over Poutasi.

We need another center for depth cause Schwenke is trash on top of being injury prone and Gallick gets bench pressed into the back field by whoever is across from him.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Shwenke is a far superior center to Galik and probably sticks around to back Jones up. Spain played great last year, Tretola will get some reps and let's not forget Byron Bell who played admirably at guard last year before moving to tackle. The real wildcard here though is Poutasi. It will be interesting to see how he does at the position he's better suited for. Hopefully he rebuilt some confidence this offseason.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Schwenke is hands down the worst Center I've ever seen on an NFL team, I'd just cut him TBH.

He can't snap the ball at all.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Prideful

Prideful Starter

Well this year it's probably going to be Warmack at LG and Tretola at RG but a bigger need is a true #1 WR hope DGB steps it up this year and hoping Matthews will be a #1.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  8. Prideful

Prideful Starter

He cant snap plus he always gets pushed back about 3 - 5 steps if not just let the guy rush by. Glad to have Jones this year.

9. Dangermode

Please dont misconstrue my saying Schwenke is superior to Galik as saying Schwenke is superior to anything besides Galik and toilet water. Both of them are hot garbage. Please see my thread about how center was actually our greatest Oline position of need.
    That being said, on the rare occasion that Schwenke is healthy enough to play, he is in fact better than Galik. We have to keep one of them as a backup unfortunately. Schwenke will probably get the nod.

10. Dangermode

I just dont know if Tretola will beat out Bell, Spain and Poutasi at RG. Then again I dont know if Warmack will beat out Bell, Spain or Poutasi at LG. I really hope they make this an open competition.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar