who would your franchise QB be???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 18, 2006.

?
  1. McNair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Brees

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Culpepper

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Rivers

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Young

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  6. Leinart

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. Cutler

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. other....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If you were starting a franchise now who would you chose for your franchise QB.

Basically this is what Reese has to decide. We are going to take a major cap hit from Mac's old SB money anyway so you could use his 9mil base salary from cutting him to sign one of these other guys to a long term deal. I think most of these guys will cost you around 8mil a yr over the life of their contracts because the top QBs in recent drafts signed deals that payed that much, but the team gets a cap savings in their rookie yr because of the rookie salary pool.

It is a hard choice, but to me Mcnair is towards the bottom of the list given age and injury history.

I would leave the choice up to Chow and have him decide between Leinart and Rivers.

I'll vote for Rivers

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I voted Young, but its a push between him and Rivers for me.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I would like to see what Cutler could do with a good team..oh wait,that isn't the Titans :brow:

4. maximus

maximus Starter

I think all of those QBs could be successful in the NFL. What would matter is what offensive system they were in

5. I think Voung would be a good franchise QB

6. Nash

Nash Starter

I'm taking Rivers even starting from scratch.. he's from here, he knows the offense, and he's the kind of team leader I would respect..

7. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Sorry, I voted thinking of a young McNair...like, if we were starting all over again. I think perhaps I might go with Leinart (if there's no McNair to bring Young along in the first place...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar