Who would you re-sign?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Feb 6, 2009.

?
  1. Haynesworth

29 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Collins

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

If it comes down to it and we can only re-sign one (because of $$$ or whatever), who do you think they would sign? Would it be our offensive player or the defensive player? Which one had more impact in 2009?
    I'm not saying we couldn't sign both, what I'm saying is, if we can only keep one, whom would you pick?

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I will say that KFC was probably more influential in our sucess last season, however, Haynesworth is a hell of a player and i'm going to be sad if he leaves.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

It depends, if you really want like 5 wins, I wouldnt resign Haynesworth, if you wanted to go to the playoffs, you should resign him

5. nickmsmith

I wish you had one shred of reason to your outlandish statement. We kind of beat the Super Bowl Champions to a pulp without him, and lost to a team we beat earlier with him in the playoffs.

It would be nice to keep AH, but if he doesn't want to be here, then let him go be lazy somewhere else once he gets his paycheck.

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I don't think there's even a question to it.

1. The best DT in the league.

2. A mediocre QB.

Hmmmmmm which would be harder to replace?

:bighomer:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. nickmsmith

Seeing the less-than-mediocre person we have behind him, I'll take Collins.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We've won with Vince Young.

We haven't with Haynesworth.

9. nickmsmith

Yes we have won without Haynesworth, one of the only games he was out last year.. the Steelers, as I mentioned, The defense got great pressure on Ben.

And you can't really make that argument, because we haven't seen our team over an extended period of time (recently) without AH. If he had been out for 6-7 games last year, and we were horrid, I would be right on board with you.

Haynesworth's hurt a lot of the time. The rest of our defense doesn't get enough credit for our greatness last year.

I love Haynesworth, don't get me wrong, but I don't think we should break the bank for him, or Collins, if they are demanding too much.

The "no hometown discount" discussion is what turned me off to Albert. The Titans will offer him a lot, if he went somewhere else for a little more, that would be crap.
    Collins is a Titan, and wants to remain one. As a fan, I like that.

Ray Lewis is about to become the most hated man in Baltimore for saying the same thing, if he ends up going to a rival. Those turds aren't as forgiving as we are.

10. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Wrong. Without Haynesworth we are not the same D. He affects everything on that side of the ball right on up to the secondary. I will give credit where it's due and say that we have improved without him. From the 07 patch without him to our 08 patch we made some strides but we're no where near running yet.

And the time he spends off the field injured ( which this year was almost contained in meaningless games) is more than made up for on the field.

Should we cut KVB also?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar