Who Would Be the Dream Head Coach for the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CKTitan, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luv_PonyExpress

Luv_PonyExpress Starter

As much as I'd like to see my Colts "humiliate" the Titans on Sunday night, my expectation is that it will be a hard-fought nailbiter....Colts-Titans matchups usually are. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Tennessee come out on top.

They're the proverbial injured animal backed into a corner -- which makes them particularly dangerous. And who better to motivate action than the only other team to win the AFC South?

I've learned to never, ever count a Jeff Fisher coached team out...particularly when they're playing the Colts.

The Colts, meanwhile, risk getting a bit comfortable and complacent....particularly the young guys we've been relying so much on. Those guys don't yet know what it takes to win consistently in the NFL.

2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

And this is coming from "Luv Pony Express" :biglaugh: But you are right, the colts will probably lose Sunday. It's time we get a win

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I really hope you are right. But people were saying the same thing about us last week before Jacksonville. Divisional games are typically hard fought battles where either team can win so I'm trying to remain hopeful. I'd feel a lot better about it if our secondary had showed me anything at all this season though... and Manning has been on fire, as usual.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Let's see, I'd like the 2008 version of Fisher.

I love Tomlin. Time will tell how good he is as a coach, but he tells it like it is and so far he's been impressive.

I could see Holmgren fitting well within the organization.

When it's all said and done Fisher will stay. I think his staff is letting him down right now, and while I hold him accountable for their bad decisions I also have to give him enough time to correct it. 4 games is only enough to admit the problem, the next month or 2 is all up to Fisher how/if he deals with it.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

How on earth are more people not saying Bill Belichick?

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

not really, he just needs to go back to doing what he was doing last year

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi
    the guy had a 9-1 Playoff record

8. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

I think most are operating under the assumption that it's a coach that is available and that the Titans would have a legitimate shot at landing if they tried.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No thank you to that. Bill Belichick may be one of the greatest football minded coaches out there, but he can't be trusted. That guy creeps me out to an extent, and I wouldn't ever want him coaching the Titans. I know he wins, but I don't like a guy who has never appeared in any Madden.

10. Luv_PonyExpress

Luv_PonyExpress Starter

I think Shanny still has to wait two more years (beyond this one) before he can coach anywhere else in the NFL. Either that, or forfeit $7M per season from the Broncos.

That doesn't mean it's unthinkable that he'd end up coaching a team in the next couple years. But it would cost him (or his new team, I suppose) a pretty penny.

That said: a whole lot of people in Denver the last few years sounded about Shanahan the way people here do about Jeff Fisher. And, IMO, both groups of fans are out to lunch. Shanny and Fisher are both outstanding football coaches that most teams in the league would be thrilled to have.

Of course, now that Denver is 4-0 under Josh McDaniels, those neer-do-well Denver fans are feeling quite vindicated for running Shanahan out of town. And, who knows, maybe they'll prove to have been right. It's entirely possible that McDaniels will end up being as good or better than Shanahan ever was.

But that remains to be seen. And 4 games early in a season aren't enough to judge by.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar