Who Will Make NFL's Best RB Tandem in 2012?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 13, 2012.

?
  1. Bills: C.J. Spiller & Fred Jackson

5.1%
  2. Texans: Arian Foster & Ben Tate

48.7%
  3. Chiefs: Jamaal Charles & Peyton Hillis

15.4%
  4. Bears: Matt Forte & Michael Bush

20.5%
  5. Vikings: Adrian Peterson & Toby Gerhart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Panthers: DeAngelo Williams & Jonathan Stewart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Saints: Mark Ingram, Darren Sproles, Pierre Thomas, Chris Ivory

7.7%
  8. Other

2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gran54

gran54 Starter

Easy, Arian Foster and Ben Tate. All Houston does is run the one-cut inside zone and their O-Line is very good at opening the holes and getting to the 2nd level. We used to do the same thing when CJ went for 2K. Honestly wish we'd get back to it.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm not gonna pretend that it's not Foster and Tate just because I'm a Titans fan. It is. Both guys could be starting for almost every team in the league.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The reason Arian Foster & Ben Tate may not be the right choice here is because teams now know how good those two can be, and will be sure to slow them down.

Last year people were still sleeping on the Texans and their RB's.

4. gran54

gran54 Starter

I can agree partially with the sleeping part, but there are two things that can prevent them from being slowed down and one of those is their O-Line play. Again one of the best run blocking teams in the league. And the other thing is the return on Matt Schaub. Can't load the box up with 8 guys because they'll torch you down the field.

5. gran54

gran54 Starter

Charles and Hillis will do well if Jamal stays healthy.

6. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Trent and Steven for the Rams.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I say Foster and Tate. Fortunately, great RB teams don't often go far in the playoffs anymore. It's a passing league, and the QB position is the one that truly matters anymore on offense. Running backs are a dime a dozen.

Foster and Tate are probably the best tandem, but I'd still take Ray Rice over both of them.

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

CJ2.5K and Jake "The Shake" Locker!

A.K.A. "Jake and Shake" ...courtesy of jessestylex

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Other:

JCBrave Chin 1 & JCBrave Chin 2

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Didn't Foster lead the league in rushing in 2010? I know that Tate was hurt, but they were still effective at running the ball. They got more yards in 2011, but they were also better on defense and Schaub was out for a large part of the season.

I can't imagine any team sleeping on the Texans run game going into last season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar