Who will be the AFC Champion in 2015?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jun 4, 2015.

?

Who will be 2015 season AFC Champion?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2015.
  1. Patriots

19.4%
  2. Broncos

8.3%
  3. Ravens

5.6%
  4. Steelers

8.3%
  5. Colts

25.0%
  6. Other

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It is a plus that we're almost done with dealing with Andre Johnson, but I suspect Indy will always have a top talent for Andrew Luck to throw to

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah, especially with TY and also Dorsett if he pans out. I just hope we actually compete against them for once.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

People are making too much of the Colts being in the AFC championship game last year. They got lucky (as usual) had the easiest road of any team to get there. Bengals rd 1 and Broncos rd 2.

Bengals are 1 and done every single year, and will remain that way as long as Dalton is the QB, so no surprise there ... in rd 2 vs the Broncos, Peyton looked like absolute horse sh*t. Peyton's age has caught up to him. He may be able to rest and recover in the offseason, and start out looking as good as ever. But his body just cannot take the toll of a full 16 game season anymore. That is why we saw his play decline dramatically in the playoffs.

If Colts would've been matched up against either Ravens or Pit in rd 1, then the Colts are likely one and done last year. Remember Big Ben put on a show against the Colts earlier in the year, and the Ravens at least gave the Pats a run for their money in Rd 2 of the playoffs ... not like the embarrassment that the Colts displayed in the AFCC game.

Colts may have made it to the AFCC game, but IMO they weren't the 2nd best team in the AFC playoffs.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I am not sold on them either. They are aging, need help at the lines, and their Defense is bum cheeks. I get sick of all the Andrew Luck bs too....Stick him in a division worth a damn where he basically isn't guaranteed 4-6 wins every year, and is he has "Amazing"? I am not sure.....I do like that we are younger and on the upswing. I would love nothing better than to get a W over them this year. At least just give us 1.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

Remember when the jets made it to back to back AFC Titles... Yea

Colts aren't anywhere near that good to be getting penciled in as favorites

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

EXACTLY!

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Dude has thrown 12 picks in his 6 game playoff appearances.....He also had a 56% completion percentage....Nothing amazing there, but you don't hear any analysts or ESPN talking about that....Too busy swinging as always.......

8. JCBRAVE

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Colts are good, but they are much more vulnerable than people think. They have benefited from an easy division and caught some breaks in the POs. They are not, and never will be as elite as the Peyton Manning led Colts in the 2000's and early 2010's. They are not the powerhouse like the Pats have been for the past decade and a half.

Other teams will step up and challenge the Colts. Steelers and Ravens are already on equal footing with them. Teams like the Bills, Dolphins, Texans, Chargers are very close already and 1 (or more) could break out this year.

Pats are still better, but they are on the decline. Broncos are toast IMO (at least by the end of the season when Peyton's arm wears out)

Titans are my dark horse if Mariota plays upto the hype. Not saying we will be in the SB, but we could be in position to knock out the Colts at the very least ... not saying its likely just saying if you find that franchise QB, anything is possible.

I don't really see anything from the rest of the AFC. Chiefs and Bengals will have legit shots at the PO, but likely won't make any noise. Maybe they could pull of an upset in rd 1, but nothing more than that.

Raiders and Jags ... I just don't see Bortles or Carr being the type of QB to make the magic happen. Jets and Browns won't do anything either.

Then the Browns and Manziel ...

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I won't say that I don't think Gore and AJ makes them a better team. However, I think the chances of BOTH of their old @$$es living up to the expectations everyone is putting on them is slim to none.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar