Who Will Be Our Breakout Player?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vslyke, Jun 4, 2008.

?
  1. VY

27.9%
  2. Chris Johnson

19.7%
  3. Brandon Jones

8.2%
  4. J-Mac

1.6%
  5. Eugene Amano

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stephen Tulloch

6.6%
  7. Cortland Finnegan

9.8%
  8. Michael Griffin

16.4%
  9. Someone Not Listed

8.2%
  10. No One

1.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I don't see how anyone can say "terrible" or "suck". I've watched and rewatched every Titans game for many years. I watch both lines closely. I'm not claiming I'm an expert, but I've seen players that looked way worse than him, and players better. He falls in the middle imo.

He's a little short, but not undersized at all. He's probably the most solid built 0-lineman we have, and they say he's the strongest on the team. He's quicker than Benji and I'd say he's average in pass protection. Stronger than Bell, but not as quick. He's almost like a mix between those two guys.

Well that's my "truth" anyway :rolleyes:

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Some of that doesn't translate to success. I'm not trying to start an argument I'm just saying I'm not as high on him as others. I hope he does turn out to be a good player. We all know VY is going to need all the help he can get.:yes:

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well I don't think he has all the tools you'd want, but I think he has enough to be solid. I wouldn't say I'm really high on him, whoever wins the other OG spot is fine by me. I just think he's played well enough to be considered the frontrunner for the job. I want the best guy on the field, so I'm looking forward to the battle.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah Amano isn't very good week 17 Ed Johnson an UDFA from my team PSU blew him up numerous times and made him look terrible. I hope he learned and improved from that because he looked bad.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I went back and watched that game, and Amano got beat a few times, but also pancaked Johnson a few times. Johnson certainly didn't own Amano or anything like that. I think some fans may have blown that thing out of proportion because Johnson was a UDFA. Dude played well though, and I noticed he played well in other games too....UDFA or not. Reminded me of Tony Brown.

Not Amano's best game imo, but I think a few bad plays that were easily noticed on an initial viewing could get blown out of proportion. Otoh, Amano did very well the next week against Jamal Williams.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

And that's a big reason he's starting. Jamal Williams is a great nose tackle, and playing well against jim in the playoffs earned the trust of a lot of the coaching staff.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Probably so. He's been solid up till that point, but that game should have really helped his cause.

Loper played pretty well that game too. He may have had a few errors where he possibly didn't pick up the right guy on a blitz, but this was his first game starting at OG. Maybe he's too valuable as the backup to both OT spots for them to think of him too much as an OG though. I have to wonder when Mawae is gone if Loper gets a shot inside. He'll be a FA next year (think it's unrestricted) so I wonder if they do a Amano type extension for him this year.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

10. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Since he isnt listed... im going to say MIKE WILLIAMS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar