Who Will Be Backup QB While Fitzpatrick Is Starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

think of all the inside secrets on the Texans he could give us

wasn't bruce Matthews one of the lineman who helped destroy david carr lol

2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Didn't McCarthy play QB in high school? :troll:

3. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the Titans starting quarterback on Sunday.

But who will be the Titans’ back-up?

One possibility would be activating Rusty Smith from the team’s practice squad. Smith has more than three years of experience in the organization, has played in parts of three games and even has one NFL start to his credit.

But the Titans will also work out free-agent quarterbacks on Tuesday. One of those quarterbacks, according to colleague Jim Wyatt, is 11-year veteran David Carr, who made two brief appearances for the New York Giants last season.

If the Titans do choose to go with Smith, they could activate him as late as Saturday since he’s already a member of the team’s practice squad. But if the Titans add a veteran to the 53-man roster, they’d likely do so either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Either way, the Titans will have to make a corresponding move, either pushing Jake Locker to the injured reserve/recall list or cutting another player from the current 53-man roster.

“If we decide Rusty is going to be the two, we feel comfortable (with him),” Titans coach Mike Munchak said. “He knows the offense well. He knows what we’re doing well.

“If (Smith is) not the guy, I’ll explain to you why. Right now, I’m not saying he’s not the guy. I’m just saying we haven’t made a decision yet on how we’ll go forward.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

4. netnut

netnut Starter

RUSTY!!!! RUSTY !!! He's our MAN!!!
    Go getum Rusty!!!!!
    ;-)))))Best QB to ever come out of FLA. Alantic> PERIOD! ;-)))
    really he will be good playing with the 1st string.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

no.. no he won't. I gave up hope in him a long time ago.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

We are talking about David Carr, VY, Josh Freeman, Bret Favre, Pat White....

let me just say it....

TEBOW

Tebow led Titans vs. Broncos in AFC Championship game. JCBrave told me so.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I know you're joking. But I honestly wouldn't mind Tebow. You could do a lot worse for a #3/temporary #2. And if we're talking the likes of Rusty Smith and David Carr, why the hell not? You're likely screwed if you're relying on your 3 anyway. At least Tebow has won games in this league.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

:crazy:

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Please no Tebow! I would rather chance my luck with young or favre honestly.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar