Who Wants Johnny Manziel?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewHorizans, May 2, 2013.

?
  1. Tank for Top Pick?

21.4%
  2. Play season as normal and fix QB elsewhere?

78.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

It would f*** us big time if the guy didn't pan out. Also if we move back and get at least a extra pick this year and a extra pick next year, it would put us in good position to move up next year if locker doesn't pan out.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We wouldn't need to move up if Locker blows it, that means we'll be worse than 7-9 and in the top 8

3. 615nick

615nick Starter

With our luck we'll go 6-10 and pick 10th

4. JCBRAVE

We went 7-9 with an inept staff. Now we have 7 Super Bowls between our coaches, we're going places in 2014.

5. 615nick

615nick Starter

I have a lot of faith in this team and this staff. I just have lost all hope in locker at this point and since he's the qb, I don't expect big things next year. I do however think that as soon as we find our qb, either locker shows us it's him or we get another guy, we will be a contender year after year.

6. JCBRAVE

Locker gets 1 more year from me, but Im not holding my breath.

So far he's simply tried to do too much, but I did see signs that 2014 could be his year.

Just before going down for the year in 2013 he was buying time so things could develop. In 2012 he would have taken off and broken something, but not so much now. He's growing as a QB.

7. 615nick

615nick Starter

He is growing, takes steps forward every year. I'm not against giving him one more shot, but like you I'm not holding my breath

8. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

In my opinion, it depends on how free agency, trade possibilities, and the draft pan out. If the coaching staff thinks there is a legitimate starting quarterback available to us through any of those three avenues then my bet is we will take him because they will want to start fresh asap.

The question this offseason is who does the coaching staff consider a "legitimate starting quarterback". Their definition may be different than ours. In order for us to predict what will happen we need to know, for example, if they consider Cousins, Vick, McCown, Schaub, or Carr as a "legitimate starting quarterback".

If the coaching staff does not think a legitimate starting quarterback is available then we will probably use the offseason to find a more reliable backup and give locker one more year. If Locker gets hurt again, then next year we will be more aggressive in finding that legitimate starting quarterback.

Finally, Wiz as a head coach is known for struggling to find that starting quarterback so I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled something really aggressive THIS offseason to make sure he doesn't go through that again.

9. JCBRAVE

Both Cousins and McCown are fools gold IMO and will not be as lucky on new teams. Id rather have Vick or Carr than either of the first 2.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

Im intrigued by Cousins and Carr. Especially with Wiz as their guru. Would love McCown as a backup. It will be interesting to see what the coaches opinion of these guys are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar