Who Wants Johnny Manziel?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewHorizans, May 2, 2013.

?
  1. Tank for Top Pick?

21.4%
  2. Play season as normal and fix QB elsewhere?

78.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

There was an article today about Johnny Manziel on ESPN. He could easily be the top overall or at least the top 5 pick next year if he come out for 2014 Draft. Clearly has way more talent than Locker. So I want to know of everyone on here. If the Titans are 1-6 or 0-7 at the Bye week all because of Locker. (this would include loses to terrible teams like Jets, Chargers, and Chiefs). Should the Titans tank the rest of the reason like the Colts did, and guarantee we are high enough to grab Manziel. Otherwise, if we end up 8-8 or 7-9 again. We would have to give up the entire draft and probably 2015 1st round like the Skins did to get RGIII in order to trade up for Manziel.

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

No

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

• High Five High Five x 6
  4. Finnebosch

A) The Colts didn't tank the season
    B) Johnny Manziel would be the 3rd best QB in this draft class at best.
    C) Johnny Manziel is not as good of a prospect as RG3. In fact, Russel Wilson was a better prospect then Manziel is.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The season has not even started yet and we already have people taking about trying to lose games to get some pie in the sky kid.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Are we really asking this question right now?

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

[​IMG]

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He could pull a USC kid move and end up being a 4th round pick. I've had it with the ultra mobile QBs. It causes them to depend on that instead of getting the ball out quickly, and it shows. That's a big part of lockers problem.

9. Finnebosch

When I watch Manziel his lack of arm strength is apparent and to adjust to this he has to anticipate when his receivers will get open. In the NFL these windows will be smaller and the defenders will be able to close them a lot faster. People will point to Drew Brees and say that he can succeed but I'd say his arm strength is closer to Ponder's the Brees'.

My QB rankings would go:
    1) Teddy Bridgewater
    2) AJ Mccaaron (very slightly)
    3) Tajh Boyd
    4) Johnny Manziel (I however view him more as a 2015 prospect as I don't like listing anyone under their Junior year)
    5) Aaron Murray

10. Finnebosch

I disagree. I believe Locker's issues are mostly mechanical problems (specifically his footwork) which are caused by bad habits he picked up at Washington. Locker was injured this season and when he came back the OL was mostly in shambles and they started to give a good amount of pressure up the middle. This caused Locker's footwork to regress and caused his inaccuracy.

If Locker wants to progress he needs to break those bad habits and stop letting his footwork become sloppy once he is under pressure. Our new look offensive line will help a lot in the regard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar