Who to blame in the Texans loss?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

... you're having a hard time at this, so I'm going to do my best to explain it to you:

1. This is the 2nd game of the season. These guys haven't played 4 quarters but ONCE so far... let that sink in for a minute.

2. This game, they played 5 quarters- not just 4. So not only are they not used to playing 4 yet... but they played an extra.

3. They could barely catch a breather with the consecutive number of 3 and outs. This will make any defense exhausted. And honestly- our guys held up MUCH better and longer than I expected.

4. The Texans offense is pretty good. The D isn't going to play perfect. They held them in check pretty much all game.

5. Why does no one mention the first drive? We do. I have. They adjusted. Welcome to football...

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

vince young

seriously 5 pages in and no one else said it?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Let's remember last year when our defense could not get off the field on third downs and were tired at the end of games. You have to step up and get those stops. The defense was only on the field a normal number of snaps by the end of the game.

They spotted the other team 7 points. Yes they adjusted and played better later but the 7 points still count! When you go back and and evaluate how you lost a close game the fact you came out and gave them an easy 7 factors in.

The entire game was not played in one quarter when we were nursing a 10-7 lead. When it counted the most they could not stop the Texans!

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They spotted the other team 7 points. Yes. They did.

And then through regulation held them to what should have been a manageable score to beat... by a competent QB/Offense.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The whole team is to blame. Yeah- Locker could have made a better throw, but the D was a sieve in OT- they were beat by a rookie. Williams/Gray should have seen the Texans figured out how to pick up our blitz packages. Our OL was weak in pass blocking.

We played better than was expected. The only knock I have on Locker is he HAS to have better poise when pressured and make that throw.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

I think DW said it in another thread but deserves to be repeated. CJ had a few plays that he could have reeled off big ones if he would have ran to the edge instead of trying to run over linebackers

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yep, I blame Obama.

For real though, it's a team sport. You can't single out just one player.

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

i agree, but the play calling drove me nuts!!!!!! point of the offense is to win games and they lost it for us!

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The defense only needed to play great one play in the 4th quarter and we can win this game. The 2 point conversion.

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Our offense only needed to get a first down, whats the point, neither happened so when you think like that , it comes down to the whole team!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar