Who to blame in the Texans loss?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nobody else wants to comment on that first Texan TD? It doesn't count somehow?

2. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

It's enough. What game did you watch? The entire 3rd quarter was impotent offensively. Defense kept us in this game. Yeah they missed 3 fgs but they were fg attempts they didn't allow tds on.

3. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

that happens often. defenses make adjustments settle down etc.....
    Defense didn't look that bad the rest of the game. Offense had two really good drives.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So the defense is only required to play in the third quarter? So the fact they sucked on that first drive and the final 3 possessions doesn't count? We gave up 30 points who cares what quarter they come in. We didn't get the stops when we had to get them.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We handed them a 7-0 lead. We sucked giant dick on that first drive!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

Cant argue with you on that lol.

7. TitansMVP

TitansMVP Starter

It starts with coach Munch. The guy is a HOF guard, a wonderful line coach but as a head coach, not so sure. Football is a chess game and he can't find mismatches to game plan around. That is one reason why Belichick is so good because he finds the mismatches and uses the game plan around it.

Secondly, it is Locker. Coach Munch or Loggans do not believe in Locker. They want to take as much pressure off Jake as possible so they start by saying they are a run first team and simply just run the ball. No defense is going to respect our passing attack with Locker at helm which leads to many 8-9 in the box. If they believed in Locker then they would allow him to audible out of a run if he sees 8-9 in the box. That is why its predictable. We have big WRs and Texans has small corners and that is a mismatch for us. We simply can't just run every single play because it is too predictable. They need to open the playbook up like they did late in the second half but they have to trust Locker which I don't think they do.

It also doesn't help we had very bad field position in the second half.

Dow is a very good coach, coach by Sean Payton. He has a act for an offense but once he gets a Qb that he can trust then this offense can really open up. Locker shows flashes but then shows crap as well which hard to trust him right now.

Defense did hell of a job for keeping us in it. They buckled down after the first series and made stops and plays. There was one play I saw that was clearly Jerry Gray's defense by bring DT Mike Martin out in coverage on a 3rd and long. Bringing your DT out in coverage is not going to do anything! There were some delay blitzes that hurt us because it still gave Schaub time when they should of go on the snap. Overall the defense played good.

Lastly, the refs. Made some horrible calls that scratched my head. The TD for Hopskins was push off which is why their was a cushion between him and McCourty but McCourty has to played better than that.. However, he did play well for the most part.

In the end, Texans are really not that great of a team as some people think where this division is clearly up for grabs right now. Like I said, Broncos are the team to beat in the AFC. I'm more worried about the Broncos than I am with the Texans.

Great game. We killed ourselves in the football but hey, can't win them all.

8. imbread

imbread Starter

wow our d was the bright spot and now you want to take that away

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Who to blame?

Loggains, whiffin, and mccourty.

10. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

I still thought they did well despite the result. If offense had matched the few plays that they did do well on then we woulda won by a large margin. My opinion though. Playcalling is to blame as much as the unit on the field too though. you cant say you were happy with what the offense did can you? honestly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar