Who should we take?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 24, Oct 24, 2009.

?
  1. Jimmy Clausen

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Jake Locker

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Sam Bradford

7 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. Ndamukong Suh

26 vote(s)
    24.5%
  5. Gerald McCoy

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Eric Berry

30 vote(s)
    28.3%
  7. Taylor Mays

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. Carlos Dunlap

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  9. Joe Haden

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  10. Trade Down/Someone Else

17 vote(s)
    16.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

It reminds me of that kid in school - I think everyone had this - that would walk around with a picture of his girlfriend in his wallet. When you asked to see it, it would be a cutout from a magazine of some model and he would say that she IS a model and this is one of her shoots.

Of course... what was I thinking?!

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I've seen hotter girls than her at the YMCA. The best thing about that girl... If shes ever on a plane and it goes down over the ocean, all the passengers will have to do to stay alive is hold on to her flotation devices.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I've had a change of heart ... instead of offensive player I'd happily take Berry, Suh or Rolando McClain (if he comes out) ...

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Who we take with the first pick will drastically be affected by whether or not VY is going to be our starting QB or not. Is Collins our starting QB and VY is gone? Is Fisher staying?

Are we staying with a 4-3 or switching to a 3-4? This draft could be loaded with 3-4 pass rushing LB's.

Berry is the guy out of your list but I would suspect we might go another direction. Bradford would have been a top 10 (likely top 5) pick if he came out last year. I thought he was crazy not to come out. Now he's having shoulder surgery on his throwing shoulder. NOT GOOD. I like Klausen but he'll need more development time and I don't think he'll come out. He can fire bull's eyes though!

Suh is over rated. He's good, but he's not the one man wrecking crew he's hyped to be. Dunlap is called the FREAK II? Funny. He pretty much just bullrushes and could be a good DE...but he doesn't look like a 10 sack a year pass rusher. Taylor Mays also is more of a great athlete than a great football player. He occasionally takes bad angles figuring he can just make up for it with his speed. In the NFL, that will be a problem. Plus, you almost never see him cover anyone man to man. I think he's more a product of being able to free lance and being a better athlete that 98% of the people he goes against. That percentage drops WAY down in the NFL. He could be a boom or bust guy. Berry gets it done week in and week out although he also doesn't cover anyone man to man...but he's a force.

If we don't need a QB (VY is our starter), we will have to see which free agents come and which go. If we are to keep the same scheme, we need a dominant pass rushing player - preferably at DE or a dominant and disruptive DT. There is no one standout DE and both Suh and Cody are better suited to 3-4 D's I think though Suh would be an easier fit in our scheme. We could use a new dominant C as I don't see Mawae coming back or a dominant OG. Our run game is our bread and butter and improving the quality and consistency would be a good idea.

If we let Bulluck walk and don't sign a replacement, keep an eye on Sean Weatherspoon.

I would take the best impact player we can.

Gut

5. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

If we end up finishing this season with some wins, I think that we should seriously think about Javier Arenas. If we get say the 15th overall pick or worse, it may not be too much of a stretch to go after him. He's a great corner and we're in desperate need of a return man.

Two birds with one stone!

If we end up with a top 10 pick, I'd say Berry. I also wouldn't mind seeing us take Rolando.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Why is this being asked? Were going to the Super Bowl this season. So will probably end up tih the 31st pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wait a second... You have us going to the Super Bowl to lose?

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

haha, yeah that's what it looks like ...

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We're on a two game win streak after starting 0-6, and some people are looking at Jimmy Clausen, Sam Bradford, Ndamukong Suh, Eric Berry, and Taylor Mays? For what? In October I'm right here with you guys who believe we'll get a shot at any of these players. But now a lot of us are hoping playoffs, where we wont get the chance to see any of the listed names. I'm not thinking top-10 pick any more after Vince and the bye week seemingly has fixed everything. I know many aren't sold on Vince after 2 games, and I probably shouldn't be either given his past (but the past is the past, and I see oodles of potential in him), much like I wasn't sold on the Jets (3-0) or the Ravens (3-0) Vince at 2-0 shouldn't get any better treatment, but he does because I'm obviously bias with my Titans players. But on a fair even level where players are players and Titans don't matter, Vince still impresses me. Maybe its just me, but I don't think there's any way us landing Berry or Suh or comparable names sees the light of day. Even if we got Berry, where does he fit in? I would go with the DT Suh as we all know Titans defenses need good players in the trenches, and I think Tony Brown may be on his way somewhere else along with Kearse and KVB. We need to replace these guys with real deal guys, not ones in the 2009 2nd round that disappear.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Right now we are speculating on which player would you take (assuming they are available). We are not assuming the Titans finish 10-6 nor 2-16...just which player WOULD you pick?

And don't assume any of these players are locks to be top 5 picks. Bradford with an injured throwing shoulder could drop. Cody only plays about half the time and doesn't really rush the passer. A lot of these guys have some flaws that are generally covered up by this guy is great or whatever, but by draft day, a lot generally changes.

They should try keeping the good players who are playing well (Bulluck, TBrown) and let the ones who aren't leave. And yes, we need to pick BETTER AND SMARTER. Guys like Senderrick Marks are serious project players we don't have time to mess around with. We need 2nd rnd players to come in and contribute and be impact players by year 2. Marks will be lucky if he sees playing time in year 2. And we need to stop drafting 3rd and 4th string TE's with 2nd or 3rd rnd picks. We don't have near that quality depth at DE, LB, DB or interior OL...where we NEED IT MOST!

The Titans tend to make a lot of head scratching picks but also tend to get away with them in the early rounds because they have so much luck with late round picks or undrafted free agents playing well. Now if they could just do a better job in rounds 1-3, we'll be flying!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar