Who should we snatch off waivers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by J Falk, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

With all these cuts that just took place, there are surely some studs looking for new homes. Who should we try to get?

Some guys I think we should definitely consider:
    1)CB Marcus Trufant- he would provide some much needed leadership and experience to our CB group. Could possibly end up starting for us too.
    2)FB Michael Robinson- can't believe the Seahawks cut him. He would be a beast in front of CJ.
    3)LB Bryan Scott- we need the LB depth...bad...some experience at the position wouldn't be bad either.
    4)DE Andre Carter- just two seasons ago he had 10 sacks. Another DE wouldn't be a bad deal. I don't feel safe playing Dawson or Lavar Edwards quite yet.
    5)FB Jon Conner- the terminator! another FB that is easily better than quinn.
    6)DE/OLB Jermaine Cunningham- Patriots couldn't find space for him. Better than our backups with more potential.
    7)DE/OLB Dontay Moch- Bengals couldn't find space for him. Better than our backups with more potential.
    8)LB Jamar Chaney-surprising cut by the Eagles. He was their best linebacker just 2 years ago. I know that's not saying much, but he could definitley help us out.
    9)S Kenny Phillips-another surprising cut by the Eagles. He could possibly be better than all our current safeties. Can he stay healthy though?

Other noteable cuts in the past week:
    Vince Young(can't catch a break...I was rooting for you man)
    Robert Lester(wow)
    Phillip Blake(remember when everyone wanted him in the 3rd round? lol)
    Josh Cribbs
    Robert Meachem
    Marcus Rucker(dangit...the guy I guarded in high school didn't make it lol)
    Braylon Edwards
    Da'rick Rogers
    Lavelle Hawkins(after that top play?! sorry Lavelle)
    Everette Brown(bust)
    Trent Edwards
    Deji Karim(this guy can run the football...just not for the Texans)
    Brian Rolle
    Ron Brace
    Brady Quinn
    Chris Carr
    Jimmy Clausen
    Clay Harbor
    Ryan Mouton(someone made a smart move lol)
    Jake Scott(you will be remembered Jake!...somewhat atleast.)

2. Titanfan12

Titanfan12 Practice Squad

i think trufant would be a nice grab

3. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

How much cap room do we have?

If we could pick up another body on the DL that could contribute or a solid CB that would be a smart move.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Robinson or Conner are both instant upgrades to Quinn. We better be trying that.

5. Clark

And moch if I remember right has some crazy speed. Worth a look

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Maybe so. They know nothing about our system though, and we aren't going to keep 2 FB's on our 53 man roster. Unless the front office feels like Quinn sucks, (I thought he played well toward the end of last season) it really wouldn't make sense to replace him at this point.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I hear Antoine Winfield got cut too.We desperately need to address the cb position. I would also love to pick up John Conner. He could have a long, fruitful career here blocking for CJ and Shonn.

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I would pick up Robert Lester. I remember people were saying he was going to be a mid round pick so there is talent there.

9. Clark

Naw. Dude was never pro talent.

Winfield retired.

What does a FB really do? Smash head on with defensive players. Robinson is much better at being a fullback than Quinn. Quinn f'n sucks donkey nuts, kiddies. Do not kid yourself. These are pros, they can come in and learn a system easily.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Mouton.... Hawkins.... kinda sad that we hold on to these type of guys for years and as soon as we release them they can't even make a final roster.

Also, how good is Conner really? I'm legitimately asking. Because I never really got to see him play much. But he seems to have this great reputation among fans yet he couldn't stick with the Jets or Bengals. I just can't help but wonder if that reputation is due to a cool nickname.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar