Who Should We Lock Up Long Term

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by talldrinko, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

on the line, I look at Bell , Roos and then Stewart

depending on the season I lock up BJ

and to the contrary regarding guys with less tha 3 years service, it's not out of the question to be pro-active on some of these guys before hitting RFA and getting suitors

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yeah but who resigns a person with more than 1 year on their contract?

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It would cost us much more to resign anyone from last year than to let them keep working on their current contract. Really, roos should have at least two more years on his contract, Stewart and Bell are more immediate concerns. Finnegan and Hall should stick with what they've got for now.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Sure he has. He's proven he can be a dominant d-lineman, and the best we have. He's shown enough to be worthy of trying to hold on to for a long time, but he's done a few things to want to show him the door too, so that's the problem.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I guess Bell is the only immediate concern, doesn't everyone else have at least one more year on their contracts?

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

You want to lock up solid starters before they break out and cost you bank. After they have consecutive productive years they will command lots of money on the market. That said, you don't want to pay for someone who is a character problem (Haynesworth), an injury concern (Givens), or at the peak of his potential (KVB).

I'd look to lock up Starks, Finnegan (why not? worst case he seems to be a long term solution at nickelback), Roos, Stewart (if he's in the last year of his deal), Bell, Hall (fb's are cheap), and even Rey Hill (at worst, he is solid depth and he hasn't done anything to date to warrant a large number).

I'd wait on Haynesworth. If he doesn't have a monster year, there won't be many people looking to add someone with his injury and character history (especially in light of recent suspensions). I think we could probably get a long term deal done after he finds out he isn't worth what he thinks he is in FA.

7. Hope,Harper,Thorton did we forget about these guys?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

they are locked up long term.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar