Who Should The Starting QB Be To Open The 2012 Season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jun 23, 2012.

?
  1. Matt Hasselbeck

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. Jake Locker

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  3. Not Sure At This Time

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

There's a difference between being supportive, and then being irrationally supportive.

Jake Locker activists are the latter.

But this base has had a boner for any player they announce is drafted by the Titans and always seems to think they're the next god of football.

2. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

DW preaching on being rational is like a fatty teaching a health seminar.

Makes no damn sense

3. Deuce Wayne

That's all I am.

The voice of reason here.

Think of all the times you guys thought I was trolling only to later find out "oh god. He was right the whole time."

Not a coincidence.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I loved the guy well before we drafted him. What's not to like? Great arm, great athleticism, great character, smart, good leader... I was thrilled that he went from being the presumptive #1 pick one year to falling to us at #8 the next year.

He's all the positives of Vince Young with a good attitude and a brain. Does he have flaws, sure. But unlike Vince, and most elite talents, I believe he will work his butt off to correct them.

I firmly believe that if we don't win a super bowl in the locker era, it is an organizational failure... that guy will pull his weight. And I'm thrilled to see that we seem to be committed to putting quality pieces around him. With a little luck, this should be a Packers/Saints/Patriots caliber offense in the next few years.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really wish Locker would have gotten a number other than 10, but I am really high on Locker. He is like the anti Vince. Like the more you throw at him the harder he will try. I am excited to see him on the field when its his time.

6. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I agree....I was not a fan of him selecting number 10. Too many painful memories.

7. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

The voice of reason? More like the voice of always wrong. You missed on your prediction with every pick of last year's draft. Literally every pick.

Keep tooting your own horn while everyone continues to laugh at you. Great entertainment.

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'd love to see us keep drafting weapons for Jake because these players will be the cornerstone of our offense for many years if everything works out.We just drafted Kendall Wright in the first round so this player will be one of Jake's main weapons for the long term future.Next season they should draft another receiver and that will give him two young receivers that will hopefully be mainstays in the offense.Would love to see Britt and Washington both stay for a few more seasons but that may or may not happen due to injuries or free agency.So yes we definitely look pretty good on offense as far as Jake having receivers and the TE's look good especially Stevens and Cook so hopefully Locker gells with these guys as well.Thompson is the one we really can't predict how that will turn out but hopefully he ends up being a weapon on offense also.Hopefully CJ gets his mojo back and Locker and this offense do big things this season.

9. Deuce Wayne

WHAT?!

PLEASE... please inform me on what picks I missed on...

Floor is yours.

I'll be waiting.

10. Deuce Wayne

And guys, don't get it twisted...

I really like Jake Locker. I think he's going to be a solid starter- however, you guys already crowning him as Brett Favre 2.0 are hilarious.
    There's plenty of time. He'll be our starter for years. There's no need to rush him if he's not developed. Maybe he has improved enough over the offseason, but as of last season- he wasn't good enough to start.

Until he shows us he's good enough to start (even in preseason), he shouldn't just get the nod because some fickle fans are antsy about a high draft pick.

Give him time. He probably needs it.

This is what you guys did with VY too. You just HAD to have him starting. Anyone with half a brain knew he wasn't ready, but you were so excited. Then he showed you a few little highlights in a few games and it escalated... You thought he was going to be greatness, ignoring all the flaws that still existed in his game.

Then... the moment he doesn't live up to your irrational sense of expectations? You crucify the guy.

Just saying... don't do the same thing with Locker.

We have a starting QB that played very well. Don't let your 13 year old-like fandom ruin this.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar