Who Should Start?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Nov 18, 2013.

?
  1. McCarthy

19 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. Fokou

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

C -Mac flies around and makes 100 tackles a game it seems like. He may not be as good at Quarterbacking his defense. Getting his guys in position and so forth. Or maybe its just dumb luck. I for one think it happens too much for that. If Mlb was ALL about making solo tackles then I would take C -Mac hands down, but there is more to it

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Rashad Jennings.....Hello? McCloin looked really good against us too. WE got no pressure as well.

3. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

What about him? They gained 90 yards on the ground. I didnt say we were dominant. Just notice a difference as a whole on defense with Fokou. Linebackers made plays when he is in the line up. Been that way all season.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Apparently guys who have been in this defense longer than Fokou are not able to function without him. Even though both guys made plays last year without him...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

If you cant see the difference in this defense with Fokou this season, then I dont know what to tell ya. Now it may be total coincidence that the defense went to complete garbage and the LBs disappeared when Fokou went down,but to me,it is a glaring one. I love C - Mac, but i guess i will say, the LBs as a whole dont work as well together when he has played thus far this season. If I needed MLB who just madet tackles, it would be Mac, hands down,but there is more to it than that,and from what I see, Fokou does those other aspects of the position better, just judging by what his teammates do while hes available, compared to what they have done since he went down.

6. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

They didnt function.lol They completely malfunctioned, the entire defense. 50 plus 4 times. No one functioned. I will give you that i dont believe Fokou changes that if he is here last season at all.

7. Fry

What happened was Pittsburgh, New York, Kansas City and Seattle just aren't very good offensively. I mean, St Louis and Jacksonville put up what we would normally allow, around 20 points. The offense gave Jacksonville 9 points.

The offense wasn't turning the ball over in the first half of the season either. Amazing what having a short field can do for the opposing offense.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Actually our offense gave them (Jacksonville) at least 16 points.

CJ fumble - 7
    Safety - 2
    Fitz fumble - 7

And I wanna say they got 3 off Locker's pick.

9. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I used to be a big McCarthy fan, when he was a rookie and we had Barrett Rudd... I would have been a big fan of Tim Shaw over Rudd had he won the starting job. If you don't see how much different this defense is with Fokou over CMac, you should get your eyes checked! McCarthy makes all kinds of solo tackles because he has already missed the play and he is reacting like a safety doing damage control. I would say otherwise if McCarthy was getting behind the line of scrimmage and making tackles for losses on RB's, but that simply isn't the case. He makes tackles on RBs after they have broken the line of scrimmage and gained 5 yards.

10. Fry

Like I said, amazing what happens when the offense has a short field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar