Who Should Start In The Backfield Come Season Opener

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That can only be good for us.

2. Vin-Sanity!

Vin-Sanity! Guest

Opening day = Chris Brown. But the player Sterling Sharpe called his sleeper pick for rookie of the year -- LenDale White -- will have the job by mid-October.

3. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I think some of you are letting your love for the Vols cloud your judgement.
    Brown is clearly the best choice for starter.
    Henry could be washed up. We'll see in a few joints err... I mean weeks

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

That old "you're a Vol fan so that must be what you see in Henry" line is past old.

The guy still runs exceptionally hard, and can be a good back.

Back to the topic of the thread. The more I think about it, the more I want to see the youth movement. I don't think they spent a 2nd round pick for a guy to be a career backup. So I'd like to see what Lendale does as a starter. We know what we have in Brown and Henry.

5. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

its just that henryäs biggest defenders all seem to be vol fans... and his biggest doubters are well.. most everyone else.

brown will start. heäll get hurt then fish will realize henry doesnät strike fear into any opponent and lendale will finish the season

6. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

The Guy hasn't done Jack crap for years! He should be in the preseason broadcast booth right beside Eddie.

The ONLY ones who think he can still be a good back are Vols Fans or CLOSET vols fans. Which are you? Otherwise he would still be in Buffalo making some big cash, not in Tennessee playing for the league Minimum

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Brown should start with a healthy dose of Henry. I'm a big fan of White, but until he passes Henry I don't see him playing too much. He should be the third down back or goalline. I def. see White moving up during the season though, maybe even to take the starter role. A lot of people forget how much of a steal we go in White. I also could see him being a sleeper for rookie of the year. IMO he could have the best career out of all the RB's drafted in 06. Even Bush, depending on how he holds up in the league injurywise.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I watch the games, I don't just look at stats. The line sucked last year. Anyone disagree? Both Henry and Brown had below average years. I think both are capable of being above average or at least average starting backs with a better line. I think both have proven that, and I don't see that Henry just lost "it".

Henry has always been a hard runner, that's what he still does well. If we want to get back to power running, he's a good back to have. He's a little like Eddie of old. He won't break off a lot of long runs like Chris or have that explosion....and that's why they should make a good duo.

Yeah I'm a Vol fan....and get this....I like Hall better than Fleming....how can that be!?!?! :eek: Because I like the power run game, and he looks like a better blocker.

Now if Lendale can be better than both, then I'd want him to be the #1 over Brown or Henry. Shesh, going against a Vol twice. So much for that theory :rolleyes:

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Both had injury issues and Henry had the four game suspension. But the main thing was that the Titans abandoned the run so often very early in games.

Let's hope an improved defense and a better passing game gives both Brown and Henry a better chance to become the two-headed monster we need.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

That's all true Kahuna, there's more to it than just what I had posted.

My only real concern with Henry is a year suspension. I think he can still be a player. But I do hope White can be even better (am I really a Vol fan? :gag: )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar