Who says you can't find work in a weakened economy?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

I found this great manufacturing job working in a factory and I couldn't be happier with it. Everything about it is awesome. I don't want to bore you guys with details but I only have 7 credit hours left to finish my AS Science this spring and now I have a full time permanent job.

[​IMG]

This is the installation I work in. It's a cool website. It's very informative.

http://www.mktalliance.com/

http://www.mktalliance.com/Facilities.aspx

Basically, they manufacture latex. :lol: I'm kidding. They don't make latex but I think there is a plastics division in Dalton, GA. Basically they make merchandising displays like the kind found in big box stores, Lowe's, Home Depot and the like. I'm really happy and they are content to sit back and let me work like a maniac.

This is a really happy season in my like now. A little back story for those who are new, August 18, 2008 I was laid off from a job I had spent 11 years at. I was a sheetmetal mechanic. It was all I had ever really known. I spent my entire twenties working that job and then it was gone.

You can read the thread here.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=38831

Anyways. I'm complete again. I have a better life now. I chose to have another child. My marriage is better than it ever was and my personal debt is way down. The recession affected my life in ways I would have never thought possible. I've been remade.

My wife's photography business is doing so well she actually was able to leave her day job. No more Mr. Mom for me... but those days with that tiny little baby... all by myself. No amount of money or stupid job could compensate me for that time spent with my youngest son.

[​IMG]

I want to thank all of you that knew me then and know me now and I want to give special thanks to Titan Jeff for giving us a place where we can share our life experience. It's powerful to be able to look back in time and read my own thoughts and words.

You know, at this forum, it's a family. It's not just "the internet" full of random idiots. You guys really mean a lot to me.

Thank you for being with me on this journey... and I love each and every one of you.

• High Five High Five x 16
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Congrats, man!

I love to hear stories like this.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Im really happy for you, Bipolar. It is cool that you found work, especially as a dad and husband. I've had one job since I left the military, and was fired from that for doing my job. I have no college book learnin, but HS diploma+ military background. I've put in 15+ apps, some of those to security companies. I have no felonies, and no violent charges that stuck.

I've been unable to find a job for almost a year. I refuse to ask for food stamps, or disability.. or anything like that. I want to work. I am willing to work. But I have found none.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Too bad you don't live in Atlanta. The Airport would hire you in a heartbeat with a Military background.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Congrats Jay. Really happy for you and your family.

What did you do in the military?

6. Titans Eternal

11b, Infantry.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So you shot people?

8. Titans Eternal

Gunny, I fail to see what my kill count has to do with me getting a job in the country I served.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You'd better be happy people here like you. Or else they'd somehow hold this job over your head... even when you're not working it any long.

Congrats though. Finding work is crazy tough these days. I was unemployed for 6 months this past year. That's the only time I've been unemployed for 11 years. Never had a gap.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

GREAT too hear Jay

and Titans Eternal if you qualify for benefits then you should go ahead and take them. If you qualify you are not doing anything 'bad'. Most especially if you have a family, but even if it is just you.

and Gunny everyone in the Army is infantry, even if it is a secondary APFC - at least that is what we called jobs in the USAF. Nothing wrong with infantry ever country needs them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar