Who is the best director of all time?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by onetontitan, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

A complex, and a bit loaded question for sure. I've read many responses to this thread (many of which the posters I have great respect for their cinematic tastes). I'll reflect and come back to it, but many of the "best" have already been named. I'll add Kihachi Okamoto for to the mix for the time being...

2. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

You love the Goonies too?

and am i being completely ignorant when i ask "who?"

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Goonies is great, I don't care what any snob says...

The posters with the best taste, IMO, are Titanbouy and Creeping, at least they give me the best recommendations.

4. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

I was actually meaning who is Kihachi (perhaps i'm just mispronouncing it in my head... but i'm not puting him together with any films at the moment)

I agree with you, TB has great taste.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Lo siento, I thought you were asking who I thought had the "best" taste.

Okamoto is a Japanese director that has done a number of masterpieces in his lifetime, including Samurai Assassin, Kill!, Sword of Doom, and The Human Bullet. I love his style of filmmaking, which really sets him apart from other Japanese directors like Kurosawa.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Francis Ford Coppolla..

For a brief 3 year period from 72-74 he made 2 of the best films ever. Godfather and godfather 2.

He was also very responsible for another classic in 73 american grafitti. Universal didn't want to do the film but coppola had the vision to see the value of the george lucas film and actually bought the rights from universal for $1M guaranteeing them a profit since the film only cost $750K to make.

American grafitti in addition to being a great film in it's own right helped spawn the career of lucas who was a nobody at the time and spawned the careers of about a dozen actors and actresses. It also revived a rejected pilot tv series called happy says.

Not bad in 3 years making 2 of the best movies ever and being instrumental in getting another classic in theaters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar