Who is our best weapon on offense?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Oct 21, 2013.

?
  1. Chris Johnson

17.2%
  2. Jake Locker

45.3%
  3. Kendall Wright

34.4%
  4. Nate Washington

3.1%
  5. Other, please state

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Naw, he took two screens to the house this year. Stop hating...... (That's what the apologists are gonna say at least)

2. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

im surprised nate only got 2 votes, although Locker is coming on strong now, it seems that nate is the only one the last couple years making stand out plays in the passing game. I would say he is extremely important to our offense and as a team leader.

3. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

What are you basing that on? I think you're just pulling things out of your ass while ignoring the facts. McCoy's production has declined since his ONE year of elite production.

2011: 1,309 yards (4.8 ypc, long 60), 17 TDs, 1 fumble (1 lost) - 316 receiving (6.6ypc, long 26) 3 TDs

2012: 840 yards (4.2 ypc, long 34), 2 TDs, 4 fumbles (3 lost) - 373 receiving (6.9, long 36) 3 TDs

2013: 685 (4.9 ypc, long 41), 3 TDs, 1 fumble (1 lost) - 367 receiving (12.7 ypc, long 70)

The only thing he has consistently improved upon is his receiving production. He has been up and down in his rushing after peaking in 2010 with 5.2 ypc. He has regressed in ball protection, regressed in durability, and has struggled finding the endzone. He looks to be a reinvigorated runner this season, but we are too early in the season and there are too many variables that are likely to change to make an accurate evaluation thus far.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Its really hard to compare then two, because while McCoy was under Reed, he was always in a pass first system. McCoy has been drastically more consistent than CJ when not injured, thats just fact.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

McCoy missed four games in 2012.

The 2013 numbers are incredible. He's already over 1000 total yards. He has been good every year, period.

6. damersbrah

But is not durability a factor of consistency? CJ has never missed a game due to injury while McCoy has only played ONE full season--his rookie year when he only started 4 games. Not to mention McCoy only has 2 of 5 seasons over 1,000 yards (though he does look to pass that mark this year). CJ has had 1,000+ yards in EVERY season he has played. McCoy might have more game-to-game consistency, but CJ has out produced him year-to-year.

I think you pointing out the fact that McCoy played under Reid only strengthens CJ's production. Shady was in an offense tailored to get him the ball out in space via screens and short passes, whereas CJ plays in an offense that stubbornly refuses to put him in similar situations on a consistent basis. CJ has always been a good receiver, but the coaching staff has never been able to, nor has shown interest to use him as such (I think this is a huge mistake and hope to see in improvement in this area after the bye).

CJ has proven he can handle a full load, McCoy has struggled to do so. I think that is a major part of consistency that you may be overlooking/undervaluing.

7. damersbrah

I wasn't arguing that, he has always been good. But not in any significant way that puts him as the definitive answer over CJ. Like I said in an earlier post, I think we need to let the 2013 season play out to make a more accurate comparison. The Eagles started the season at an unprecedented pace against some of the worst defenses of the league while CJ has faced basically the best defenses in the NFL thus far. Let's see if CJ can turn it around behind Schwenke going against some softer defenses, if McCoy can stay healthy and sustain elite production while being the feature back (he's done so only once in his career), if the team can sustain that early-season pace, and how he fares against stiffer competition.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

CJ did miss half of the most important game of his life, and it cost us the game. Just sayin'. Surely he could've sucked it up and played.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really don't know if durability/consistency are really a strong point when he has played several games as poorly as he has.

10. damersbrah

McCoy has ~1.5 years of elite production in his 6th NFL season and has never started a full season. CJ has gotten about 1,500 all purpose yards in every season of his career while never missing a game due to injury. McCoy has only gotten that type of yardage twice, though looks to attain that this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar