Who I want in the draft.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Textitan, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Landry smashes people. That's what I want. A Bob Sanders type. Sanders isn't good in coverage, but he puts fear into receivers.
    But I want Bowe 1st round. Defense 2nd and 3rd. Bowe blocks great, makes plays after the catch and communicates well with the QB. He and Vince together might be able to keep our defense off the field.

Everyone wants to talk about defense, but do you guys not remember the main problem with our defense last season? It was the offense. 3 and out. 3 and out. 3 and out. It doesn't matter who you have in, if they're on the field 80% of the game, they wont play well.

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I believe this is the stat you're looking for: http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=15&_1:col_1=15 we were last in the league in TOP, no defense will do well if they're on the field most of the game.

Some interesting pieces of the TOP stat, only one of the top ten defenses in the league (in yardage) was not in the top half of the league in possession time (Oakland) and all of the top seven teams in terms of TOP were in the top 11 defenses in terms of yardage. If we really want a top defense we need to keep them off the field.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

wouldn't mind Dwayne Bowe.. or any of the Defensive studs ya'll have talked about

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

The other side of that is that our defense couldn't stop the run, and hence couldn't get off the field. A few 3 and outs on defense certainly would have boosted this stat.

Priority no.1 Stop the damn run!!!!!!

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, but even the games when our D was playing well, our O kept them on the field. Our O was borderline horrible last season and never got going until late in the 3rd or 4th quarter.
    We were 27th in the league in offense, last in defense. I still think our offense was worse than the D, the D was just on the field far too long most occasions.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

watching ESPN earlier (not sure if this is in another thread) but they were saying Reggie Nelson's stock is dropping possibly into 2nd round (due to his 40 time among other things). Would we take "the Eraser" in the 2nd round if he's there (probably having to move up).

Best site I could find on this 40 time

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=5953

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

That would be amazing, could you imagine a Ginn/Bowe/Meachem in the first and Nelson in the second? that would be an awesome first two rounds, and no, I wouldn't mind trading up in the second at all if he's available :yes:

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

yeah i'm thinking maybe taking a WR in the first with our 19th pick wouldn't be such as bad idea as long as ESPN is correct (which you never know nowadays).. then hopefully in the 3rd or 4th (depending on if we trade up using picks) working on the defensive side of the ball

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I'm wondering about that site tho:

:huh:

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

haha.. yeah.. maybe in millimeters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar