Who have you settled on?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Its really difficult this year, there are a ton of guys I like.
    Last year DeCastro was easily top of my board at this stage.

I'm going to decide today, back to the film room.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I hear you, it's been the toughest year to make a decision. It just seems that the top end of the draft is pretty devoid of elite talent, although depth seems pretty good.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Warmack
    Round 1) Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    Round 2) Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise St.
    Round 3) Brian Winters, OT/OG, Kent St.
    Round 3) Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
    Round 4) AJ Klein, LB, Iowa St.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I feel Ansah is overrated. Not saying he's bad by any means, i'm just shocked he's getting Top-5 looks. I remember this guy being projected 3rd-4th round, but he had a decent season and has good size/measurables and flew up the boards. Sure, he's very raw and has JPP potential... but at #10? That's pretty risky to take an extremely raw player that early. He should be more of a 15 range guy, but with this draft you almost have to draft him early due to the lack of elite talent. However, I believe a Top-10 pick should be an immediate impact player; can Ansah be that, or does he need a few years to develop?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xpmar9x

I haven't watched a ton of Mingo since probably the end of the season. I think i'm going to rewatch some games of his, seems like alot of posters are really wanting him... and the Titans brought him in for a visit. About to dive back into that and see if he has what it takes to be a Titan.

6. Finnebosch

Mingo is a fabulous athlete but a horrid football player. He has almost zero pass rush moves and solely create pressure using his speed rush. He also does not use his hands to disengage blockers.

7. xpmar9x

That's exactly what I remember, I just find it astounding so many people want him... figured I missed something.

- Long/thin frame, but room for more muscle mass
    - No pass rush moves
    - Relies on speed/athleticism vs slower tackles
    - Disappears in multiple games
    - Average run support
    - Didn't see alot of double teams
    - Has boom/bust potential

That's what I had listed for him. Seems point on... but man, this draft is crazy.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think this thing is definitely wipe open at this point. I'm sure Ruston and Coach have their board set already and hope that Milliner, Star or Warmack slide to #10. Something tells me that Patterson is our guy at #10.

9. Finnebosch

The thing about Ansah that makes him a decent fit for us though is the fact that he is a better run stuffer then a pass rush guy at this point in his career. Ansah does not have the best technique but he is amazingly athletic and has an amazing motor. With us having Wimbley here for another 1-2 seasons that means we can afford to play Ansah on 1st and 2nd down while we sub Wimbley in.

Personally I think Ansah is going to be the next Julius Peppers and I would have no issues with taking him at 10th overall.

10. xpmar9x

I agree and I'd take him over Mingo & Jordan, that's for sure. He's has the size/speed to be a 4-3 defensive end; just needs the coaching to get him to the next level. Rocker could hopefully provide that for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar