Who have you settled on?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Breaking down our defensive roster and recent picks.

Lets start from the LBs and reasoning For why we drafted certain players

Akeem Ayers- came out as a 34 rush line backer. Became our thumper (and more lately, a rush LB/DE... Multiple positions? Needed SLB. Lbs were in the slums.

Zach Brown- came out as the fastest friggin Lb of his size in just about forever. We were enamored with the possibility of that speed. WLB with that speed can be something special. His stats (while a little over blown) are nice for a rookie LB. have to like this pick looking back. Had to replace Witherspoon /WLB

McCarthy- injury prone MLB. But came in as a sleeper 5th rounder, couldn't pass up the talent level at that late of a pick. If he's healthy, he's awesome. Ball hawk. Great instinct.

DTs-

Mike Martin - a dominate 3 tech guy that creates mismatches with his odd size. Short but super explosive. Hard to block. 3rd round.

Casey - another shorter thumper. Is good as a run stopper as well as a rusher. 3rd round. Good and has gotten better.

Klug - pure passing down DT. Took a year back but has to handle size issues. Not an every play DT but explosive in rotation.

No Early Webster DEs, CBs or S.

I think the fact we picked up Free agent Safeties this year pushes that back.

So of course that leaves to big options.

DE or CB.

CB. We will probably have a good option at 10 worth Cbs, and a thinner one with DEs. I don't put it passed Webster to surprise us with a DE but I just don't see it as near a need with comparable talent. We need depth at DEs but not necessarily a starter right off the bat.

Wright wasn't a starter pick.

Locker wasn't a starter pick.

So where does that lead us on first round picks? Does Webster surprise us? Or take the balancing act with a top CB that becomes an immediate starter?

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Smoke sumthin *****!

4. The Playmaker

but yeah if we don't go Floyd/Mingo then I hope Rhodes but I wouldn't say Rhodes is an immediate starter, he'll get significant playing time but needs to work on his game a bit. Maybe after camp he'll progress enough.

5. Clark

Something I was working on prior. Your post opened up a good spot for it. Wasn't trying to start a whole new thread for a conversational topic that can be added to somewhere already going.

6. The Playmaker

oh okay I was like holy crap haha

7. Clark

Hahaha all in a minute. Prolly not.

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

This is my ideal situation. Especially if we can maybe trade back in the first a few spots and still get Rhodes. If Mayock is right, Rhodes could be the 3rd CB off the board. At 3C I would rather take Terrance Williams, but I like Swope too.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Lucio, if you read this,
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. XO

XO Nevada Native

People are telling him in his comments that we are talking about him on here. JCBrave comments lol.

I'm patiently awaiting his arrival.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar